Question for header guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
That sounds perfect, thanks man you’ve been a big help. Have you heard an mbrp in person? The videos on YouTube don’t even come close. Super loud.

Your very welcome, always glad to help.

No I've never heard one of those that I'm aware of.

One thing I have learned from doing a few different exhaust videos (because I went through a few different exhaust variations before I achieved my goal) is that being too close to the exhaust overpowers the microphone so staying back 15' - 20' makes for a better quality recording.

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if you wrapped your headers? have you had any issues with extreme heat, i.e. damaging parts?
what muffler did you end up going with?

kbuskill

Reaction score
I'm curious if you wrapped your headers? have you had any issues with extreme heat, i.e. damaging parts?

I will assume you are asking me.

No I didn't wrap my headers.

They are ceramic coated and I checked the temperature of my stock manifolds with an infrared thermometer while idling and then checked again after installing the headers... same temperature, around 400°.

I haven't had any issues with excessive heat or damaged parts.

I ended up completely redoing the whole exhaust. It now consists of the JBA shorty headers into a custom, catless, Y-pipe into a Magnaflow XL (13749) 3 chamber muffler into the factory resonator out to a 4" stainless tip.

This is what it sounds like...

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K, do you happen to have a part # for the stage 8 bolts?
I was considering ARP studs but like the locking feature of the bolts.

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will assume you are asking me.

No I didn't wrap my headers.

They are ceramic coated and I checked the temperature of my stock manifolds with an infrared thermometer while idling and then checked again after installing the headers... same temperature, around 400°.

I haven't had any issues with excessive heat or damaged parts.

I ended up completely redoing the whole exhaust. It now consists of the JBA shorty headers into a custom, catless, Y-pipe into a Magnaflow XL (13749) 3 chamber muffler into the factory resonator out to a 4" stainless tip.

This is what it sounds like...

SAWEET! Nice, thanks for the info. I'm on the fence on shorty vs long. I currently have a MF exhaust, but thinking of redoing the whole exhaust system.
I just picked up some 350 head gaskets off an 85 Vette, so dropping those in, after they come back from machine shop.

Last edited:

kbuskill

Reaction score

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

wrap really isnt worth it in general. just get them ceramic coated inside & out.

& shorties are not worth it.

go long tubes or stay stock ;)

kbuskill

Reaction score
wrap really isnt worth it in general. just get them ceramic coated inside & out.

& shorties are not worth it.

go long tubes or stay stock ;)

Says someone with long tubes... lol

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:)

i dont have LTs yet, but they are in my future.

im researching driveshafts first, then get a new baseline dyno of current mods.
then i can start the next round of updates ;)