Question about the TBSS / NNBS intake upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm either misremembering, or my knowledge on the topic is old. Thank you for the correction! And the details are really appreciated too!

The internet has been around for a few decades now so there's an overabundance of misinformation. I'm just a guy (Or girl? Or bot?) on the internet so I could be leading you astray. You never know anyone or their agenda. *suspicious stare*

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The internet has been around for a few decades now so there's an overabundance of misinformation. I'm just a guy (Or girl? Or bot?) on the internet so I could be leading you astray. You never know anyone or their agenda. *suspicious stare*
When people stare at you and you correct them with, "My eyes are up here," which set do you point at?

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stage 2 and the heads, headers, etc... I'd say ~420 at the crank. Mine is similar to yours, just with nearly-stock, mildly-shaved heads. Calculating the ET with the weight, etc., 400ish at the crank is a close estimate for mine. It's right in line with the '09 6.2/2WD Tahoe. It's difficult to say for sure what's lost through the trans. Actually, mine might be doing a little better than I'm thinking cuz it's matching the 6.2 Tahoe with a 4L60. The 6.2 has a 6L80. Richard's figures are always high cuz his dyno mules are with no accessories and an electric water pump, a cool ~75° dyno cell, etc. His before-and-afters are for comparing the mods themselves and not for relating to real-world figures.
For calculating fuel demand, you want to go by those higher numbers (ie. without accessories or drive train losses) because that is the true power your motor is making. It still has to make the power that is lost through accessories and drivetrain, therefore needs the fuel supply to make that higher number. Rich's videos should give you a pretty good baseline for estimating fuel demand even though (partly because?) they are higher numbers than you'll see in the truck.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LS injector guide 1.PNGLS injector guide 2.PNGFuel injector sizes LS.PNG

Here are the adapters to make whichever injectors fit properly with whichever rail.

You can find the adapter harnesses for about $50 from all over.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 399383View attachment 399384View attachment 399385

Here are the adapters to make whichever injectors fit properly with whichever rail.

You can find the adapter harnesses for about $50 from all over.
Great info! Thank you.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info there from adriver. Likely the same info in the attachment, but here is a website that has all the same info that I have found useful when looking up injectors.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good info there from adriver. Likely the same info in the attachment, but here is a website that has all the same info that I have found useful when looking up injectors.

Thank you!