Project---------------Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M Hankel

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

also I embeded the vid for you

Thanks. I added the link back also because my android devices (Kitkat or Jellybean OS's ) can't view embedded video on this site. I'm assuming others can't either?

Mike

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Good looking project you got here, Can't wait to see the end results

Thanks man. I've followed your build and It's sick. Not looking to take Mine that far but it should be a fun daily driver. :)

Mike

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have kit kat and can see embedded video. Project coming along nicely. Keep us posted on using the pcm for fan control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M Hankel

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have kit kat and can see embedded video. Project coming along nicely. Keep us posted on using the pcm for fan control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I see you're using Tapatalk, that might have something to do with it. I don't use that with my phone or tablet. I like the layout of the desktop versions better. This is the only sight I can't see embedded vids on though.

Yeah i'll post up my results from the efan harness debacle.... I hate the way it triggers the high speed when the defrost is turned on. Seems like a Band-Aid fix to me.

Mike

_mostcommon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
really nice build up so far, that shifter makes me want to start a t56 swap and get rid of this old 4l60e. Oh yeah and your tahoe looks pretty clean with those plasti-dipped wheels.

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is an interesting build. your shifter mechanism gave me quite a giggle. i was honestly surprised at the video cause it seems to work fairly well. though i bet the shift effort isnt very easy.

also i have that clutch in my GTO and i LOVE it. drives like a stock clutch and takes a good amount of abuse. its been in there for almost a year and zero issues.

OP
OP
M Hankel

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really nice build up so far, that shifter makes me want to start a t56 swap and get rid of this old 4l60e. Oh yeah and your tahoe looks pretty clean with those plasti-dipped wheels.

Thanks man. The plasti-dipped wheels have really grown on me. Its amazing the difference it makes in the way changes the vehicle "persona".

this is an interesting build. your shifter mechanism gave me quite a giggle. i was honestly surprised at the video cause it seems to work fairly well. though i bet the shift effort isnt very easy.

also i have that clutch in my GTO and i LOVE it. drives like a stock clutch and takes a good amount of abuse. its been in there for almost a year and zero issues.

The shifter is actually quite effortless, I could shift it with a finger. I removed the centering springs from the two bottom shifters just because of that reason. I figured it would be hard to shift having to overcome all those springs lol....

I'm really happy to hear that about the clutch. That was one of the things I was sweating with this swap because this is my daily driver. I don't want to be replacing clutches every year with it being so heavy. I think the 5.13 gears will help alleviate the initial strain of getting moving off the line.

That said, I'm seriously thinking about taking a couple days off around Thanksgiving and doing the trans swap then. I still need to complete the mods to the pedal assembly with Tilton master cylinder and either order up a custom hyd line or have one made locally. Hoping to get some of that handled this weekend and will be the deciding factor on whether the swap happens on over Thanksgiving.

Mike

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
granted its not tahoe, my GTO weighs around 4000 with me in it and there is no strain driving it off the line with the stock 346 gears.

i made a video of my driving around town with the clutch for a few guys on the GTO forum and since Steve at Monster is a good buddy of mine he wanted some feedback out there.

warning the video is REALLY boring. its just me driving around town in houston.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVj6PgdHAi4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15