Austinite's 2000 NBS Tahoe Ex-Grocery Hauler Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next was some generic black nerf bars/side steps that I didn't like too much. I really wanted the oem Z71 steps, but had a hard time finding them and the trim to match. I also found a Z71 roof rack, installed some
Spyder Smoked LED Taillights, Depo Black Projector Headlights, Black LED Parking Lights, LED in-bumper reverse lights, and a Esky 170° License Plate Frame Mount Rear View Camera. I also had a shop install an IMCO muffler and stainless rolled 3.5" tip behind the right rear tire. I can't remember which IMCO model the muffler is, but the total for install and everything was under $200 so I'm happy at the moment. I might eventually go with a louder series Flowmaster, but not positive. The nerf hitch step has been on like 4 of my last trucks, so I just put it on because I had it, doesn't really serve a purpose, but looks kinda cool I guess.

nerf_bars.jpg
new_taillights.jpg
new_headlights_bumper_lights.jpg
reverse_lights_led_2.jpg
what you do with those old wheels? Always wanted a set

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think we're probably just gonna give the red a go. I ended up finding a few GMT800 Tahoe pics in victory red that I actually like. If anything, might just go with a different shade, but I think it will be less headache to just keep to some form of red.
Thanks for this thread, I had many of the same exact questions. I really like the Victory Red and would consider painting my white 2001 Denali that color if I kept it. I'm local to Austin - 290 and 35 is maybe 30 minutes from my house. I think I could live with the door jambs not being painted.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing a catch can since everyone and their mom is doing it. I went with a cheap one from Amazon if you can believe that. http://a.co/d/15Moslg Mounted it to the fuse box since it seemed the easiest place to access it when it comes time to empty it. I wish it didn't have that stupid engraved crap on the top, but oh well. Guess I need to clean up the engine bay a little too, but a dirty, working engine always makes me happier than a clean, non-working one...

What's your experience with the oil catch can? Did you find it changed or improved anything?

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your experience with the oil catch can? Did you find it changed or improved anything?
I actually ended up taking that one off and installing a new one that was easier to drain. Unfortunately, the new one must not have been sealing very good because my idle was way low with it installed. So I disconnected it until I could figure it out. And ever since I got the Escalade, the Tahoe has been put on the back burner. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if it really makes that big a difference to have one...I just got one because I was running out of things to do and thought I'd try it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz