Austinite's 2000 NBS Tahoe Ex-Grocery Hauler Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i have my second child due soon so it will be slow going on mine. i did finally get tired of fighting my stock exhaust manifolds. doing the work myself and i dont have that much extra cash to be welding up a whole exhaust. so i just pulled the trigger on pacesetter shorties new egr pipe and new stock y pipe. also its my family hauler grocery getter so im not looking for any big power gains.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing some LED reverse lights in the Z71 rack yesterday. I was used to having the LED cube lights in my old rear bumper, but when I installed the Avalanche bumper I decided not to cut it up just yet. I went with these cheap ones from Amazon because I didn't really like the look of any other ones I found that would fit the 3" opening. I had originally bought some super bright round LED spot lights that would've been perfect if they weren't just a little too big. The ones I installed aren't as bright as I would like, especially after I hit them with a few coats of Night Shades Tint, but they'll do for now. I used some plastic epoxy to mount them and ran the wires under the Esky Appliques to the taillights. I wired them up to come on when the truck is in reverse or when I hit the a-hole switch on the pillar. The a-hole switch is pretty cool too because not only do all the reverse lights, including the two mirror and taillight, but the reverse cam comes on too.

_Z71_Roof_Rack_LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-Full.jpg
ack_LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-closeup-drivers.jpg _LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-closeup-passengers.jpg ck_LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-Full-on-daylight.jpg of_Rack_LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-Full-On-Day.jpg hoe_Z71_Roof_Rack_LED_Reverse_Lights_A-Hole_Switch.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing some LED reverse lights in the Z71 rack yesterday. I was used to having the LED cube lights in my old rear bumper, but when I installed the Avalanche bumper I decided not to cut it up just yet. I went with these cheap ones from Amazon because I didn't really like the look of any other ones I found that would fit the 3" opening. I had originally bought some super bright round LED spot lights that would've been perfect if they weren't just a little too big. The ones I installed aren't as bright as I would like, especially after I hit them with a few coats of Night Shades Tint, but they'll do for now. I used some plastic epoxy to mount them and ran the wires under the Esky Appliques to the taillights. I wired them up to come on when the truck is in reverse or when I hit the a-hole switch on the pillar. The a-hole switch is pretty cool too because not only do all the reverse lights, including the two mirror and taillight, but the reverse cam comes on too.

_Z71_Roof_Rack_LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-Full.jpg
ack_LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-closeup-drivers.jpg _LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-closeup-passengers.jpg ck_LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-Full-on-daylight.jpg of_Rack_LED_Reverse_Lights_Blacked_Out-Full-On-Day.jpg hoe_Z71_Roof_Rack_LED_Reverse_Lights_A-Hole_Switch.jpg
I def need an A-hole switch! Not for mine:eek:, for the A-hole that's tailgating me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo