Austinite's 2000 NBS Tahoe Ex-Grocery Hauler Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tails are Spyder Red Smoked and I got lucky and found em on Amazon as a warehouse deal for like $60 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZUJA62/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the reverse lights, I just measured and taped a template that I found online to the bumper, drilled a few holes, then used a cutoff saw to cut the holes. It was pretty easy. I gotta get better at taking pics when I do stuff like that.

What reverse lights do you use in the tails?
I'm using some 1200 Lumen LEDs.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tails came with some LED bulbs that are pretty bright, but nowhere near 1200 lumens I'm sure. You have a link for those? I found these the other day https://dieselleds.com/collections/...-b-led-revere-light-kit-2100-lumens-chevy-gmc and thought about pulling the trigger, but $50 is kinda steep for bulbs to me.

I’ve been eye balling these and some others like these on Amazon for awhile now and just cant seem to pull the trigger either. Would love for someone to compare these to the standard LEDs we all order.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been eye balling these and some others like these on Amazon for awhile now and just cant seem to pull the trigger either. Would love for someone to compare these to the standard LEDs we all order.
I found the same ones on Amazon and since they're like $34 instead of $55, I might try em. If I do, I'll post some before and after. Still need to get those vids up of the exhaust cut outs like I said I would too.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tails came with some LED bulbs that are pretty bright, but nowhere near 1200 lumens I'm sure. You have a link for those? I found these the other day https://dieselleds.com/collections/...-b-led-revere-light-kit-2100-lumens-chevy-gmc and thought about pulling the trigger, but $50 is kinda steep for bulbs to me.

These are the ones I'm using. They light it up bright enough for the reverse camera to see a good 20 feet behind the truck. Probably the best $20 I've spent on the XL.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing a catch can since everyone and their mom is doing it. I went with a cheap one from Amazon if you can believe that. http://a.co/d/15Moslg Mounted it to the fuse box since it seemed the easiest place to access it when it comes time to empty it. I wish it didn't have that stupid engraved crap on the top, but oh well. Guess I need to clean up the engine bay a little too, but a dirty, working engine always makes me happier than a clean, non-working one...

2000_Tahoe_Z71_53_LS1_Catch_Can_Install.jpg 2000_Tahoe_Z71_53_LS1_Catch_Can_Install-4.jpg 2000_Tahoe_Z71_53_LS1_Catch_Can_Install-2.jpg 2000_Tahoe_Z71_53_LS1_Catch_Can_Install-3.jpg

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started building my new 12" ported down-firing Subwoofer box/enclosure for behind the 3rd row too. I have a cheap pre-fabbed box that has done me well for a few years now, but I've been wanting to build my own forever. Just used 3/4 MDF, wood screws, and Titebond 3 wood glue. Should be tuned right at about 36Hz and the airspace is about 4 cu ft total. I'm getting black carpet to cover it today to match the black carpet that I'm installing in the Tahoe in a few months. I haven't installed the bracing, sanded it down, installed the banana jack binding posts (for sub wiring), or the port tubes yet, so she's still a work in progress. Should have it all wrapped up this weekend. Fits like a glove back there.

w_12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-build.jpg _12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-bottom.jpg _12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-inside.jpg nch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-bottom-side.jpg d_row_12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-2.jpg d_row_12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-3.jpg

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started building my new 12" ported down-firing Subwoofer box/enclosure for behind the 3rd row too. I have a cheap pre-fabbed box that has done me well for a few years now, but I've been wanting to build my own forever. Just used 3/4 MDF, wood screws, and Titebond 3 wood glue. Should be tuned right at about 36Hz and the airspace is about 4 cu ft total. I'm getting black carpet to cover it today to match the black carpet that I'm installing in the Tahoe in a few months. I haven't installed the bracing, sanded it down, installed the banana jack binding posts (for sub wiring), or the port tubes yet, so she's still a work in progress. Should have it all wrapped up this weekend. Fits like a glove back there.

w_12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-build.jpg _12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-bottom.jpg _12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-inside.jpg nch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-bottom-side.jpg d_row_12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-2.jpg d_row_12_inch_downfiring_subwoofer_box_enclosure-3.jpg

That’s going to be a nice clean setup, and should be really musical as well tuned at 36hz.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s going to be a nice clean setup, and should be really musical as well tuned at 36hz.
Yeah I hope so, I have these Pioneer TS-W3003D4 12" subs going in there that have really been awesome speakers, especially for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo