A North to South Tahoe Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

ClemsonHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Blacking out the speaker grills was easy. Take a small flathead screwdriver, find the clips around the edge of the grille, put the screwdriver between the clip and the door, and push in gently. They should pop right out. I spraypainted them, one coat of primer, two of paint. Has held up for a year now and looks much cleaner.

Donnie, I didn't use coils, but instead used coilovers because they are much more convenient to package, and are nearly infinitely adjustable with spring rates and valving for exactly what I want. I'll go into more detail with pictures later. I'll also post a build link of the 'hoe that I based mine off of.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ClemsonHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright Donnie. This is what I used to mount my 14" travel coilovers to the frame. They are 12" shock towers, made of 1/4" steel, that have been frenched into the stock frame. The holes that appear in the frame from the IFS have since been plated over to increase strength, I'll try and snag pictures sometime. Doing it this way allows you to gain much more weld between the tower and the frame, allowing for a stronger mounting situation, rather than just putting the shock towers on top of the frame. Also allowed me to keep the stock plastic inner fender, with some trimming of course.

For an interesting look at a solid build thread, and my inspiration, take a look here: http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=38774

Attachments

• 20150810_174555.jpg
    20150810_174555.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150806_190320.jpg
    20150806_190320.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ClemsonHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20151114_142214.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

Finally got a front driveshaft to work with the new amount of flex that I gained. Nearly drooped out in the first picture, the second shows how flexy she can get. Absolutely loved getting out and wheeling it for the first time since completing the SAS in August. Transfer case slips out of 4low sometimes, gonna have to look into that.

OP
OP
C

ClemsonHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it's been quite some time since I last posted. Fixed a lot of the little stuff like the front bumper, tow points, and leveled it out the best I could while still giving good up travel in the front. (Level in this case is a 2 inch squat. Not a fan of the look, but on flat ground you barely notice with the difference in wheel well space.)

I also got the 241C T-Case squared away and the Front Drive Shaft issues all buttoned up so It's run flawlessly the last 2 trips to Gulches here in South Carolina.

However, It's come that time for me to move onto my next project, so this one is going up for sale. For anyone interested, Ask any questions you may have. Currently up for 14k or best offer in the South East.

Thanks for viewing and for all the info through the years TAHOEYUKONFORUM!

00g0g_5QI2D5LzyzX_600x450.jpg

20151122_154453.jpg

FB_IMG_1456115231907.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts