Power steering failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23sonthetahoe

Reaction score
Can I please get some help. No power steering at anytime. Fluid is all gone looks to have been sprayed / sloshed somehow over 1/4 of engine bay. It's extremely cold here right now and it's outside so making it harder to check what might be wrong . I have already driven it to store and back which apparently isn't good for accessory belt related problems . I however don't see any belts broken....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I please get some help. No power steering at anytime. Fluid is all gone looks to have been sprayed / sloshed somehow over 1/4 of engine bay. It's extremely cold here right now and it's outside so making it harder to check what might be wrong . I have already driven it to store and back which apparently isn't good for accessory belt related problems . I however don't see any belts broken....
A hose broke or a metal line rotted through. Check it again when it's light out.

OP
OP
23sonthetahoe

23sonthetahoe

Reaction score
Thanks your right I see a hose had popped off . Can I just add more fluid or do I need to do something now I ran it while it was empty ?

OP
OP
23sonthetahoe

23sonthetahoe

Reaction score
Nevermind I just saw on here something about flushing being a return line to bucket ill just do that to bleed.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If driven with no fluid in the pump it is likely now damaged and will need a Genuine GM pump or Gold Professional AC Delco. Aftermarket is crap. New belts because they have fluid on them and a proper bleeding procedure with both front tires off the ground. You can watch you tube for pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy