Painted interior. Wish I had not.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I saw someone here paint there interior black, which I love. I tried it and it looked great. But it didnt last. There is scratches everywhere. Then I realized I have dogs lol so there going to mess it all up.

So now my question is.....how can I go back to grey. I know painting it grey or buying new panels. But can I use anything to take off the paint? Spent a lot of money already =(

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
maybe acetone? Dont know if it will hurt original finish tho

OP
OP
yukonaetahoe

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used sem adhesive promoter and sem landau black paint. Damn i regret it so much. I love the color but I just hate how the paint didnt stick

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hate to say it, but your going to be stripping and then repainting. Anything you do to remove that, will in turn mess up the paint/color underneath and need to be repainted

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just re-clear coat it........ with one that has a hardner in it...... ie spraymax 2000.

Then buff it out.

OP
OP
yukonaetahoe

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your saying I might be able to stay with black? I would love a clear coat that will be tough enough and not come off! Lol I might have to check out this 2k stuff

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Damit but that comes only in high gloss. I dont want anything shinny. =( i guess ill do some sesrching some something similar with no gloss. I hope there is

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can add flattening agent to the clear. That's how we paint flat color cars. No shine at all with a protective layer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo