Rear door lock actuators not unlocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTS197

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a 2008 Tahoe CBP that I am trying to figure out why the rear door locks will not unlock. I had the same problem with the front actuators. I replaced both of the front actuators and that works now. But for the rear, I replaced the rear passenger actuator and when I tested it, it still will not unlock. I have not replaced the rear driver actuator yet.

Question is if one of the rear actuators is not unlocking, will it affect the other? I wouldn't think it would but I am not sure where else to check.

I checked the "unlock" fuse on the driver's side fuse box and it looked ok.

Are there other things I can check?

Thanks,

JT

OP
OP
JTS197

JTS197

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spamming multiple posts won’t get your questions resolved any faster….
Thanks - that was so helpful...

My other posts were in the "PPV/SSV" specific forums; I thought if it was in the general forum, more eyes would be on it and maybe more help.

If violates posting policies, please delete it then.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - that was so helpful...

My other posts were in the "PPV/SSV" specific forums; I thought if it was in the general forum, more eyes would be on it and maybe more help.

If violates posting policies, please delete it then.
FNGs…

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Fuses looking ok and being ok, can be different. Check them with a 12 volt test light and make sure of continuity. Also, check the wiring in any umbilical cords that feed thru door jam.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates?

I think I remember a similar case where the owner had to replace the cluster fuse panel (which has the door relays built in?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts