P1174 2008 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of NTK. Usually Bosch or Denso makes stuff for GM but just because it’s made by them doesn’t mean it’s the exact same part. Yes, in theory if it’s the injectors it would change banks if you swapped them but I wouldn’t recommend that. You have a high probability of breaking them getting them out of the rail and you will need to buy a seal kit if they don’t break. I just replaced the injectors in my Yukon just because it has 187k miles on it and half of them broke and it’s a 12.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of NTK. Usually Bosch or Denso makes stuff for GM but just because it’s made by them doesn’t mean it’s the exact same part. Yes, in theory if it’s the injectors it would change banks if you swapped them but I wouldn’t recommend that. You have a high probability of breaking them getting them out of the rail and you will need to buy a seal kit if they don’t break. I just replaced the injectors in my Yukon just because it has 187k miles on it and half of them broke and it’s a 12.
NTK is the same company that makes NGK spark plugs. Damn, wouldn't think that would break that easy. Just a clip holding them right?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is idling smooth, with just the code, I wouldn’t expect it to be a clogged injector, but you never know. While you are replacing the valley metal gasket, swapping from side to side should cause it to move to the other bank if it is injectors.

My Yukon has been persistently miscalculating the Ethanol content percentage. It gets up into the high 30’s, all the while I am pumping 10% or less into the tank.

I haven’t gotten a code from this, but it seems to screw with the open loop mixtures and the L/T trims are screwy. I suspect if it got higher, it would produce a code.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clip isn’t what breaks there is a plastic ring that holds on the upper seal which is what breaks.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't change so many variables at once; get some data first, then make changes incrementally.

If you need to do the intake, do it, then take fuel trims again and compare them before and after.

If you want to do something before the intake gasket is replaced, document the fuel trims then swap the upstream O2 sensors from side to side to see if the trims/issues follow.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have the Torque Pro app, I didn't think think vehicle had a flex fuel sensor?

It doesn't have a physical sensor, it has a virtual sensor so to speak.

It uses the O2 sensors and fuel trim data to calculate the ethanol percentage.

You can set up a custom PID in Torque Pro using these parameters to see your Ethanol percentage...
rps20210413_231528_565.jpg
rps20210413_231607_276.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Not sure of that, I'll have to look and see how to do that on Torque Pro if I even can.

Torque Pro can definitely look at STFTs and LTFTs.

You may need to set up extra GM PIDs in the settings though, I don't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442