P1174 2008 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do I start? I put NTK front o2 sensors in about a month ago. No problems with the old, just maintenance.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the engine idle rough or have any other symptoms (like hard starting) or just the code?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And what do your long term and short term fuel trims look like, at idle and at 2000 rpm? Both banks...

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the oxygen sensors with OEM ones only. Make sure the air filter is good quality (OEM also recommended) or if it is a K&N or similar with oil make sure the oil hasn't coated the MAF. Make sure all the intake duct clamps are tight and the duct isn't rolled. Make sure all the PCV tubes are connected and not broken. Make sure the oil cap and dipstick seals are good. No exhaust leaks. If none of those issues are present and the code still returns with the OEM oxygen sensors (pre cat) then you will likely need injectors (and do NOT buy the cheapo knockoffs on eBay and Rock Auto).

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And what do your long term and short term fuel trims look like, at idle and at 2000 rpm? Both banks...
Not sure of that, I'll have to look and see how to do that on Torque Pro if I even can.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the oxygen sensors with OEM ones only. Make sure the air filter is good quality (OEM also recommended) or if it is a K&N or similar with oil make sure the oil hasn't coated the MAF. Make sure all the intake duct clamps are tight and the duct isn't rolled. Make sure all the PCV tubes are connected and not broken. Make sure the oil cap and dipstick seals are good. No exhaust leaks. If none of those issues are present and the code still returns with the OEM oxygen sensors (pre cat) then you will likely need injectors (and do NOT buy the cheapo knockoffs on eBay and Rock Auto).
I thought NTK made the sensors for GM? I did valve cover gaskets about a month ago, along with cleaning the MAF, throttle body and replacing the front 02 sensors, I will go thru and recheck my work. I did just find out I have an oil leak, from intake valley tray, so I'm hoping maybe it's caused a vacuum leak? I have parts ordered and on the way for this. I would have thought an engine light would have showed up after a month with new O2 sensors.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thought here, I'm getting ready to pull the intake to change the valley tray gasket because of an oil leak. If I pull all the injectors and swap sides the codes should follow right? If the code stays the same I can eliminate the injectors right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy