P069e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe LT. A check engine light recently came on and it showed p069e. Now everything seems fine it starts And what not acts normal, the fuel pressure was 42-44 psi. That’s what it ran on the . I cleared the code and so far nothing came back on. But what should I look out for with this?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Googled this:

What it means:

A stored code P069E means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a malfunction with the fuel pump control module so that it has requested malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illumination. The fuel pump control module is responsible for supply and regulation of voltage to the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump. Typically, the fuel pump controller is integrated into the PCM but it may also be a stand-alone module. The fuel pump provides pressurized fuel for the fuel injection system. It is most often located inside the fuel tank but may also be along the fuel rail. Diesel propulsion systems most often use high pressure pumps that are mounted on and driven by the engine. Each time the ignition is turned on (and the PCM is energized), multiple controller self-tests are performed. The fuel pump control module is included in these controllers. By performing internal controller self-tests, the PCM can monitor serial data that is carried over the controller area network (CAN) to ensure that on-board controllers are interfacing properly. If the fuel pump control module has requested that the MIL be illuminated, a code P069E will be stored and a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) may be illuminated.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p069e
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Causes for this code may include: Faulty fuel pump controller or PCM Open fuel pump control module voltage supply circuit Bad or tripped fuel pump voltage shutoff (inertia) switch PCM failure or PCM programming error

Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Plus this for diagnostics:

A diagnostic scanner, a digital volt/ohmmeter (DVOM), and a source of reliable vehicle information will be required to diagnose a code P069E. Begin by connecting the scanner to the vehicle diagnostic port and retrieving all stored codes and freeze frame data. You will want to write this information down, just in case the code proves to be an intermittent one. After recording all pertinent information, clear the codes and test drive the vehicle (if possible) until the code is reset or the PCM enters readiness mode. If the PCM enters readiness mode, the code is intermittent and will be more difficult to diagnose. The condition, which caused the P069E to be stored, may need to worsen before an accurate diagnosis can be reached. If the code is reset, continue with your diagnosis. Use your source of vehicle information to obtain connector face views, connector pin-out charts, component locators, wiring diagrams, and diagnostic flow charts related to the code and vehicle in question. Check to see if there is battery voltage on the fuel pump control circuit by using the appropriate wiring diagram and your DVOM. If not check system fuses and relays and replace defective parts as required. If the vehicle is equipped with a fuel pump voltage shutoff switch, test it to make sure that it has not been activated or is defective. If there is no voltage (and/or ground) on the fuel pump control circuit (and all fuses and relays appear to be functioning properly) an inspection of controller related wiring and harnesses is in order. You will also want to check chassis and engine ground junctions. Use your vehicle information source to obtain ground locations for related circuits. If there is voltage (and ground) present on the fuel pump control circuit, inspect system controllers for signs of water, heat, or collision damage. Any controller that is damaged (particularly by water) should be considered defective. If controller power and ground circuits are intact, suspect a defective controller or a controller programming error. Controller replacement will require reprogramming. If the vehicle has been involved in a collision, check the fuel pump voltage interrupt switch first Test controller ground integrity by connecting the negative test lead of the DVOM to ground and the positive test lead to battery voltage

Copyright OBD-Codes.com

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe LT. A check engine light recently came on and it showed p069e. Now everything seems fine it starts And what not acts normal, the fuel pressure was 42-44 psi. That’s what it ran on the . I cleared the code and so far nothing came back on. But what should I look out for with this?
what is the second code.. P069E is a generic code according to the GM diagnostic manual..

it's just to set a Emissions code DTC Other wise you will need cough up that second code... a place like autozone will check it for free and give you a print out for free

Possible codes include but not limited to U0109

but most likely since you can't see that code with your reader

i would check the ground wires normally when you get a code for a control module it's the wiring...

Also check the heath of the battery it's winter time
it's the time for failure.

as well as inspect the ground cables(including the one to the chassis and to the fuel pump if possible ) for damage or corrosion ...

that is a good place to start ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the second code.. P069E is a generic code according to the GM diagnostic manual..

it's just to set a Emissions code DTC Other wise you will need cough up that second code... a place like autozone will check it for free and give you a print out for free

Possible codes include but not limited to U0109

but most likely since you can't see that code with your reader

i would check the ground wires normally when you get a code for a control module it's the wiring...

Also check the heath of the battery it's winter time
it's the time for failure.

as well as inspect the ground cables(including the one to the chassis and to the fuel pump if possible ) for damage or corrosion ...

that is a good place to start ..

That’s the thing my scanner can read GM codes, abs airbags etc. unless this is something else idk. But this was the only code that popped up

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the thing my scanner can read GM codes, abs airbags etc. unless this is something else idk. But this was the only code that popped up
more then likely it's a power cable issue somewhere check ground cables, check the battery health ,

i would check the wires make sure the cables at the battery are clean and sung etc also roll the windows down all 4 at the same time they should roll down simultaneously...

or if one or two are slower then the others then there is an issue with the Ground Plane or other power problem .

the headlights should not dim at all... if they do you have a problem with the engine running

raidernationmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi. did you ever get this P069E error continue to pop up? I have a 09 Denali and it occasionally pops up. this time my cruise control was having issues enabling and then the check engine popped up and this code showed up again on its own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog