Out with the Old and in with the New....well rebuilt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you see how that box was shaking at about 1400 rpms..... OMG

I know.
Total mad scientist dyno
But he's the only guy that dynos his engine recipes

We'll see
Should be running soon.

HD_LS

Reaction score
Looks great! I'll be here for the updates. You should be very glad you went this route rather than a LT1/10L90!

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
A small shop in maine called bog brook auto
I saw them on you tube. He had a good recipe and he specializes in LSX engines and does a lot of 6.0s.

This is the one I ordered. +shaved heads and ARP hardware.
The Raymond Glasper special......pulls good torque numbers to 5000, which is what I was looking for.

I can't recommend the builder as I've never used them before.
But he dynos the engines if you want for an extra $400.
tRidiot got one too....a stock 6.0.....his is cruising less some weird oil leak he had on start-up
Do you know more about what cam that is or it’s specs?

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 6.0 from the same guy. Mine isn't a "built" version, it's a straight up stock 6.0.

When I got it, there were sensors installed, looked like old ones (naturally), when we pulled them out to replace them, my mechanic said he shined a light down inside and he was really concerned, it looked dirty as hell in there. So he went ahead and pulled the valley floor cover off and was relieved to find it looked super clean and obviously was rebuilt with fresh build lube, etc., inside. We replaced just about every sensor with OEM new ones.

The only real issue was once installed the rear main seal leaked. This necessitated removing exhaust and transmission to replace it, and it is fine now. When I emailed the guy at Bog Brook he expressed some concern about the rear main leaking and told me to keep him updated. I've since emailed him back to let him know this leaking seal did cost me an additional $500 or so in replacement costs, he did not reply.

So my motor runs fine. The rest of the truck is a mess, but hey... whaddya expect from 18 years old?

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 6.0 from the same guy. Mine isn't a "built" version, it's a straight up stock 6.0.

When I got it, there were sensors installed, looked like old ones (naturally), when we pulled them out to replace them, my mechanic said he shined a light down inside and he was really concerned, it looked dirty as hell in there. So he went ahead and pulled the valley floor cover off and was relieved to find it looked super clean and obviously was rebuilt with fresh build lube, etc., inside. We replaced just about every sensor with OEM new ones.

The only real issue was once installed the rear main seal leaked. This necessitated removing exhaust and transmission to replace it, and it is fine now. When I emailed the guy at Bog Brook he expressed some concern about the rear main leaking and told me to keep him updated. I've since emailed him back to let him know this leaking seal did cost me an additional $500 or so in replacement costs, he did not reply.

So my motor runs fine. The rest of the truck is a mess, but hey... whaddya expect from 18 years old?

Mess?
You have
-a new 6.0 Powertrain.
-3 alternators
-e-fans
-some 5000 watt monster stereo
-an android head unit
-a new window motor

What is wrong now?

I've seen 200K mile 01-06 Tahoes with ripped seats going for $10K.
I saw a very clean 60K mile Hoe going for $25K.
Your Tahoe is probably worth $15K-$20K.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting closer.
Had to clean the intake manifold which had 18 years of oil and dust on it.
That purple stuff, Superclean, from Walmart works pretty good. Spray on, wait 2 minutes, wash off

IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they might do crate engine and or re rebuilds.. thought it might be worth looking into if they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr