New to the Forum and need some help with my 2023 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawdog13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Morning All,
I just traded in my 5th Gen Ram for a 2023 Tahoe in the Premier trim with the 5.3 and I have some questions for everyone. I apologize up front if there have already have been threads that answer these questions.

1. What are some options for the exhaust. Im not seeing too many companies making after market kits for the 2023's yet and i am not sure if i just swap out the mufflers with a flowmaster (or something like that) like i did in my Ram will be the best option. I dont want to sound super loud but i do like the rumble that you get out of a performance exhaust.

2. For you all who are running 22 in rims, what brand and size of tires are you running? It came stock with the Bridgestone Alenza 275/50/22 and after doing some research, they dont seem to be great in the snow or wet weather. I would like to put a little beefier AT on that will work in adverse weather as we live in northern CA and have family where it sometimes snows in the winter.

3. Who makes a CA smog legal Cold Air Intake for the new Tahoe's? Basing off my previous experiences with my RAM, there were no CA Legal intakes for the newer ones. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you in advance, I am excited to be part of this forum,
V/r Jason

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Got a new 2023 Tahoe, huh? If you don't post pics, it didn't happen. C'mon man!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any exhaust for the 21 or 22 should also work on the 23 I don't think they made changes but I could be wrong.
tires, not sure I prefer a sport tire myself because a sport tire sticks to the road better than say a Michelin which is a very hard rubber, ya you get mileage of out them but less grip.
CAI might be not available for California, the thing is it's new so you don't have to worry about a smog for several years unless you bought it used. so you can do like I did and buy one and have it sent to a friend or family out of state then have them mail it to you, then you don't have to worry about until you get that 1st smog notification which is like 8 years down the road.
" Eight model years and newer do not require a biennial Smog Check. Four model years and newer do not require a change-of-ownership Smog Check."

OP
OP
L

Lawdog13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any exhaust for the 21 or 22 should also work on the 23 I don't think they made changes but I could be wrong.
tires, not sure I prefer a sport tire myself because a sport tire sticks to the road better than say a Michelin which is a very hard rubber, ya you get mileage of out them but less grip.
CAI might be not available for California, the thing is it's new so you don't have to worry about a smog for several years unless you bought it used. so you can do like I did and buy one and have it sent to a friend or family out of state then have them mail it to you, then you don't have to worry about until you get that 1st smog notification which is like 8 years down the road.
" Eight model years and newer do not require a biennial Smog Check. Four model years and newer do not require a change-of-ownership Smog Check."
What CAI are you running?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons