Oil pressure switch, screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well, this happened, bam, overnight, one days 40-60 psi, next day 10. The original O ring looked fine... so we went on and did the oil pump too... put it all back together, and no change... and a little metal in the pan... So bad as I hate to, I reckon it is long block time, $2700, and probably another $1000 to put it in.... I will try some lucas, and thicker oil, but, I ain't got much hope at this point...
That really sux, but look at the bright side--now you can cam it and maybe some long tubes. You know--while you're in there :D.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a way to true the cam bearing hole in question, AND then have a thicker cam bearing, then you will be looking for a new block if that’s the issue IMHO.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lucas isn't intended to fix anything. Call it a last step before you start tearing down the motor looking for the failure point

Yes, I have used lucas with success on a wore out V6 2.8 chevy motor in my 1990 Isuzu Trooper, brought it up 10 psi, got me by a while... she was quitting at red lights due to low oil pressure....

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a way to true the cam bearing hole in question, AND then have a thicker cam bearing, then you will be looking for a new block if that’s the issue IMHO.

Yes, it would have to be totally tore down, and line bored with oversize bearings... I am thinking reman remanufactured long block is my best bet.... or just swap it with a junkyard engine, but the extra $1200 for a remanufactured seems like the better investment.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Yes, it would have to be totally tore down, and line bored with oversize bearings... I am thinking reman remanufactured long block is my best bet.... or just swap it with a junkyard engine, but the extra $1200 for a remanufactured seems like the better investment.
Depends on how long you plan to keep the rig TBH. It's all a cost value proposition

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have my 1990 Trooper I bought in 1990.... Still runs... I'll keep her as long as she is ok.... The rest of her is in real good shape, never wrecked, never painted, so....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have my 1990 Trooper I bought in 1990.... Still runs... I'll keep her as long as she is ok.... The rest of her is in real good shape, never wrecked, never painted, so....
How many miles on it?