Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True it could be a coolant leak that’s soaking up oil making it look dark.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@89Suburban does it leave oil spots on the ground? The thing about my leak is it wasn’t showing up on my driveway

Oh yeah big time, all over the frame too. It will leave a couple dollar bill sized spots overnight. Everything has been resealed except the front and rear mains/covers and oil pan. Oil pan and gasket will be next see how much that slows it down. Replace o-ring and install oil deflector. After that I will just run it whatever it is until I replace the motor.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could it be slinging off the front seal behind the crank pulley? Could it possibly be the weep hole on the water pump weeping?

OP did you do a fell/taste/smell test to confirm if it is oil or coolant?
4.jpg

OP
OP

03GMCYukonXL

Reaction score
Well I do have spots on the ground and it's all over the starter. It's definitely oil. But, I suspect i have a slight coolant leak as well that I've had since I got the truck. It's incredibly slow though. I may just get my suburban up and going and just really dive into this thing.

As far as the oild slinging, I suspect that as well but there is no oil on my belts at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts