Oil filter recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been happy with NAPA Gold 51042.

Manufacturer of this is WIX...

Rated for 21 microns.

The NAPA Platinum is also rated for 21 microns, so Gold is good enough for my Tahoe unless Platinum is on sale...

The Wix number starts with the "5" and the NAPA filter drops that 5. Otherwise same number.

The longer filter is NAPA Gold 1522 filter or WIX 51522 (I use this one); the Wix can be found as the 51522XP with synthetic media.

repairman54

Reaction score
I used to use Wix but not anymore since Mann bought them. Last winter I had issues with Wix filters on 3 different vehicles. Once the cold hit they all started seeping at the gaskets. In my 'hoe and 2 different 3.6 Equinox's.
It's not like I don't know how to tighten a filter either. I had to crank down all 3 extra tight to stop the seep.
I now use AC UPF__R filters in the fleet I maintain from Rock Auto

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always used the Wix filters because I'm an Amsoil preffered customer and thats what they sell other than their Amsoil filters. But I gotta say, I bought the same Wix filter I've bought for years just recently and its visibly different from what I've used in the past. Same PN, but it looks cheap compared to what it used to be. I think the company maybe made some changes? Not impressed.

repairman54

Reaction score
I've always used the Wix filters because I'm an Amsoil preffered customer and thats what they sell other than their Amsoil filters. But I gotta say, I bought the same Wix filter I've bought for years just recently and its visibly different from what I've used in the past. Same PN, but it looks cheap compared to what it used to be. I think the company maybe made some changes? Not impressed.
Because the European Co. Mann bought them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts