Oil filter, check it out, r they that cheap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfourman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or they could be avoiding big brother by not branding them, even though they are clearly labeled ACDelco in the pics. Either way they work.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm all about deal shopping to get things for the cheapest I can.....but I find it difficult to believe that some random eBay merchant is able to buy legit AC Delco plugs at a deep enough discount that they can offer 8 of them for less that $20 when at basically every other retailer out there the plugs are $6-$8/ea.

Yes, a lot of times you can save a ton of money by going through alternative retailers like Amazon or eBay, but there are tons of knock off items out there too on both of those.

bfourman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The only thing I can think is the boxes said to gap per vehicle spec, which makes it an older box, hence the possibility of NOS purchased in a lot from a closing parts store or dealer.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The only thing I can think is the boxes said to gap per vehicle spec, which makes it an older box, hence the possibility of NOS purchased in a lot from a closing parts store or dealer.

41-110s and 41-985s always came pre-gapped and were never meant to have the gap set by the end user, only checked, before installation.

Something doesn't smell right. But they're in and working fine, pull one out after a couple oil changes and see how its doing. There are deals to be had and this may have been one of them. I just bought an entire antique bedroom set for less then what people sell just the small dresser for.

bfourman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m really not trying to beat a dead horse here, just trying to provide accurate information for future buyers of “discount” parts. Given the verbage on this TSB there is a still a possibility they could be NOS. Maybe I’m grasping at straws, but I’ll certainly check them after a few thousand miles and report back.

03-06-04-060B: Information on New Spark Plugs and Gapping - (Jul 30, 2008)

Subject: Information on New Spark Plugs and Gapping

Models: 2004 Buick Rainier

2002-2004 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

2004 Cadillac CTS-V

1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette

1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro

1999-2004 Chevrolet Silverado

2000-2004 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe

2002-2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

2003-2004 Chevrolet Express, SSR, TrailBlazer

1999-2004 GMC Sierra

2000-2004 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

2001-2004 GMC Yukon Denali, Yukon XL Denali

2002-2004 GMC Sierra Denali

2003-2004 GMC Envoy XL

1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird

2004-2005 Pontiac GTO

2003-2004 HUMMER H2

with 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L or 6.0L V-8 Engine (VINs V, P, T, Z, G, S, N, U -- RPOs LR4, LM4, LM7, L59, LS1, LS6, LQ9, LQ4)

Attention: Please disregard the Set Gap Per Vehicle Specification statement on the side of an ACDelco[emoji2400] Iridium Spark Plug Box. The statement will be removed from the boxes in the future.

• A new Spark Plug has been released for use in the above vehicles. The new Spark Plug has an Iridium tip instead of the current Platinum tip. Due to the different tip design, the Gap of the Spark Plug has also changed.

• The new Spark plug, P/N 12571164 with AC Delco P/N 41-110, is Gapped to 1.01 mm (0.040 in) when the Spark Plug is made.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses that you can’t tell from the real thing. The case, the packaging, the sunglasses, even the included cleaning towel all look EXACLY like the real thing. The things are awesome. They came directly from China and cost me $19.95 shipped. The real things are $200. I could probably sell them for $50 easily all day long. I knew they were fake when I bought them even though they were advertised as real. There’s all kinds of fake stuff out there. You know the saying- if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. EBay is notorious for this kind of scam. Even Amazon got caught up in third party sellers doing the same thing. I recently bought a pair of Levi 501’s off Amazon through a third party. They weren’t a steal, but about $8 cheaper than the others. They felt thin when they arrived and lasted a month before the entire ass ripped out at the pocket. I looked at the reviews and people were saying they must be counterfeits because they were all ripping like mine. I have no doubt those plugs are counterfeit, they aren’t listed as NOS, they don’t list country of origin, they are listed as unbranded, they sell for about the cost of shipping alone, etc. And they no doubt work, the Chinese are great at producing counterfeit stuff. The problem is it never lasts as long or works as well as the real thing. Now, my Ray-Bans, those things are crazy as to how well made they look. But they probably don’t stop UV rays at all and I don’t expect them to. Those damn Levis were a bad attempt at counterfeit jeans though. Good luck with the plugs, you never know they might last like the real thing.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is my belief that the Chicoms are selling the things they are making for American companies. Like the Tech2s, maybe those spark plugs, RayBans, coffee makers, etc.

American companies were suckered into moving their production overseas under the guise of increased profits and then the commies keep making their products because their factories are geared up for them anyway and start making and selling them too. That's called stealing. Intellectual Property Theft is the government word for it I think.

If we were more principled as a nation, we'd not do business with them, period. The horrors of communism have been forgotten.

I'm guilty of it it too. I developed and help produce a line of radio controlled tanks and even though I've been a student of communism my entire life (anti-communist), it did not dawn on me until the factory sent me photos of the workers building the tanks and then my heart sank.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to oil filters.

I read tonight that Mobil One and K&N filters are identical in construction and made by Champion Labs. The M1 filter though has slightly increased filtration while the K&N flows better. Upon reading this, I concur as I've noticed that my oil pressure is slightly lower running these M1 EP filters compared to the K&N that was on last time. I'll switch back to K&N for the next one and take note again.

My plan is to lower the interval to 4,000 miles. And this next one will collect an oil sample for my second Blackstone labs analysis.

Price wise, the K&Ns are less expensive right now on Amazon, $8.98 for the HP-2011 (PF-63 Long Filter).