Odd remote start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick update. Took the truck into the dealer for an oil change and had them look into the remote start issue,they are saying it’s the aftermarket radio causing the u0184 code which is preventing the RS from working. Anyone else ran into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have heard of aftermarket radios causing issues with different things like programming modules so would not surprise me if that was the case.

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
I have heard of aftermarket radios causing issues with different things like programming modules so would not surprise me if that was the case.

It seems plausible considering the remote start will work if I physically turn the key to on then lock and remote start the truck as the canbus signal is probably active,obviously when it’s been sitting the signal must be dormant. Frustrating

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this issue with an aftermarket radio and the factory remote start?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65