Odd remote start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
Might be the RCDLR (Remote Control Door Lock Receiver) instead, a bi-directional scan tool and the shop manual is needed to find out and not guess.

That does make sense. Would that still be plausible with no actual issues unlocking/locking with the key fobs? They were using the Snap On version of a bi directional scan tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does make sense. Would that still be plausible with no actual issues unlocking/locking with the key fobs? They were using the Snap On version of a bi directional scan tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly possible. The Snap-On should be just fine, just need to use that with the shop manual to properly trouble shoot. Quickest access is via AllDataDIY. Look up the trouble code associated with that issue.

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
91e4f379d1c21993df05595e999aa98c.jpg

Bumping an old thread. Finally throwing a Tech 2 at this. Any ideas of further tests I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
91e4f379d1c21993df05595e999aa98c.jpg

Bumping an old thread. Finally throwing a Tech 2 at this. Any ideas of further tests I should do?

I know the truck won't start if there is a CEL on or if the hood is open.

I also know some of the '07 and possibly '08 trucks had an issue with the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) not waking up after going to sleep.

There is a TSB about this and there was an update to the software to fix the issue.

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
I know the truck won't start if there is a CEL on or if the hood is open.

I also know some of the '07 and possibly '08 trucks had an issue with the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) not waking up after going to sleep.

There is a TSB about this and there was an update to the software to fix the issue.

Trying to find the TSB now. I know the remote start was installed in 2017. No check engine lights. Just the momentary one that illuminates when I try to engage the remote start,but it goes out after about 15 seconds. Just paid the subscription for TDS but it looks like I need an older laptop to actually use it. I have a couple laying around so maybe I’ll work on that next

kchamber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to find the TSB now. I know the remote start was installed in 2017. No check engine lights. Just the momentary one that illuminates when I try to engage the remote start,but it goes out after about 15 seconds. Just paid the subscription for TDS but it looks like I need an older laptop to actually use it. I have a couple laying around so maybe I’ll work on that next

I had a similar issue where I'd cleared a code and the remote start wouldn't work - Anytime CEL is triggered it shuts down my remote start. It's finnicky for sure!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

If you have a laptop with WinXP or Win7 and a serial port you should be able to run TDS directly. If on Win10 you'll need a compatible USB to Serial adapter and run WinXP virtual on something like VM VirtualBox.

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
Quick update. Took the truck into the dealer for an oil change and had them look into the remote start issue,they are saying it’s the aftermarket radio causing the u0184 code which is preventing the RS from working. Anyone else ran into this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9