Noticed these when changing brakes, what's up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnieBrasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was recently changing the front brakes on my 2003 Yukon. She's got about 215K miles and is still truckin' along fine. I noticed these two things when I got the tire off...

IMG_5867.JPG
Where my gloved hand is, there are two things that look like loose rubber gaskets, but in actuality I think it's the remnants of whatever was on that bar.

IMG_5868.JPG
This obviously used to be some sort of cushion or shock absorber that is no longer there.

Just curious what these things are and how big of a deal they are. Car still rides fine, a little bumpy but hell, the car is old and I really just want another year out of it before I upgrade. Thanks for any advice, I love knowing as much as humanly possible about my car as I work on it.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant tell in the first, but I think the bottom pic is just the bump stop.

TwiztidXL

Reaction score
First picture looks to be your Sway bar link and the second looks to be the bump stops.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Sway bar bushing kit will fix first and second is jounce stops. They actually compress under load and yours need replacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jr9688

Latest posts