What's it worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. To Blackelky's point, I'm thinking if I'm lucky, I'll get $8K. Most are probably going to want to offer me $5K... LOL! Probably won't sell it for that...

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. To Blackelky's point, I'm thinking if I'm lucky, I'll get $8K. Most are probably going to want to offer me $5K... LOL! Probably won't sell it for that...
North carolina? You can get close to 8k cars are more expensive there for some reason than in thr northeast. Somebody down there probably wants do the carolina lean and destroy that clean truck.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, totally agree. I'm not wanting to list it at an inflated price, just trying to avoid getting the shaft by the dealer. No rust, its very clean all over. I may just get to a point where I don't care and just have to eat whatever they offer me. Its just going to hurt... LOL!
Let me know what they offer you for it. If you are willing to take the beating, it is better to sell to another enthusiast than let the stealership have it.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm debating on selling my 05 Tahoe LT and am just curious what it would be worth. It has about 170K, new transmission, new transfer case with upgraded pump guard, GMT900 front brakes, all new AC components, all oil leaks fixed, paint correction, Alpine double-din head unit with powered 10 inch sub, 18" wheels, etc. Very well maintained and everything fixed or new. I'm really in need of a truck and was thinking since truck prices are dropping, I may start looking for a truck. I know they won't give me what I want for a trade-in so I thought I may list it online to see what I can get but prices for these things are all over the place. Just didn't know where to start since it is a very good example, or at least I think it is...

View attachment 416395
We need more pictures and inside ones too!! This thing looks nice and surely could sell easily to a private buyer.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North carolina? You can get close to 8k cars are more expensive there for some reason than in thr northeast. Somebody down there probably wants do the carolina lean and destroy that clean truck.
2 words why they are more expensive..... Rust Free........

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best advice would be to go to your closest CarMax dealership and have them give you a quote on what they would buy it for. CarMax usually pays a lot more than most dealerships will pay for trade ins. Best of all, you can sell them a vehicle even if you are NOT buying another vehicle from them. Sold my wife's Jeep Cherokee to CarMax in 2022 for $13k. Every other dealer was quoting us $8k-$9k for trade in. We still owed about $8200 on it. So selling it for $13k gave us a nice down payment on her new car. We ended up buying a Traverse Premier with 60,000 miles from CarMax for $24k.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just know that going to CarMax or using Carvana and the like might lowball you on such an old vehicle...

I know the asking price for my 2005 GMC Yukon Denali was quoted as MUCH lower than the asking price for such a vehicle in my area using AutoTempest, Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, etc.

Good luck

Bill

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, totally agree. I'm not wanting to list it at an inflated price, just trying to avoid getting the shaft by the dealer. No rust, its very clean all over. I may just get to a point where I don't care and just have to eat whatever they offer me. Its just going to hurt... LOL!
Don't just settle with the dealer. If u just settle then do it with/for a private owner who cares about maintenance. Dealers have made a fortune for a few years now on cars....don't add to it.

I had a highlander totaled and wanted either a suburban or pickup and settled on a pickup. Those burbs are just way too high priced...even good condition yukon or tahoe. Pickups were cheaper for some reason. So no, I wouldn't give the stealer any more cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts