Not a SUV, but a GM..99 RCSB build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well picked this up yesterday. 4.8, auto trans, 4x4. Interior is mint after cleaning it up. Body needs rockers but the rest is solid. Picked it up for $800. Has new brakes all around, new u joints as well. Going to be a fairly slow build depending on funds..

Short term plans-
Fix small things like door handles, windows and blower motor resistor
Change fluids
Replace rockers and get rid of the rest of the rust
Plasti dip black
Tint
4/6 drop with spindles,keys, and flip kit
New balljoints, tie rods, pitman and idler arm
New shocks
BB tune, intake and exhaust

Long term plans-Summer 2013 most likely
TBSS replicas in gunmetal
Denali style grille and headlights

Future plans-who knows when
Built 6.0 with 4l80e, 14 bolt rear end. I if I end up selling my tahoe, i may take the built 4l65e out of it and throw it in the truck. Its held up to a 6.0 in my heavy tahoe, so it should be alright in the light rcsb

2012-11-26_15-40-34_512.jpg
2012-11-26_15-40-54_667.jpg
2012-11-26_15-27-15_990.jpg
2012-11-26_15-41-31_58.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wow its rotted the **** out bro. If i were u i wouldnt touch and bolts or atleast put penetrating oil days before yoy want to mess with them...

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^not trying to be ****** up but I think yours is worse.
@OP congrats on the nice find man, I sure wish I found a truck at that price. I've been wanting to get a project truck for years.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol its actually solid as ****..needs rockers, cab corners are solid, doors have no rust, surface rust over the wheels on the box but its solid underneath, that will be taken care of with a wire brush this weekend. Other then that, there is no rust on the body..guy in town is gonna do the rockers for 250 and im doing the rest.. bed is like new as it had a topper on it, engine bay is super clean as well

ya it was a hell of a deal..was gonna buy it last year, but the kid wanted too much..came up to me in the bar and said 900, got it for 800..couldnt pass it up

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@OP congrats on the nice find man, I sure wish I found a truck at that price. I've been wanting to get a project truck for years.

:Get him!:

Virginiabound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow its rotted the **** out bro. If i were u i wouldnt touch and bolts or atleast put penetrating oil days before yoy want to mess with them...

I was just thinking the same thing. :grd:

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lil update..

ordered some parts. should get everything in great working order and i will be into the truck under 1k

pass window regulator
drivers window motor
blower motor resistor
shifter cable
cabin filters
tailgate hinges

gonna get rockers and body work done soon

new plans by spring

20x12 xd diesels with 33" trail grapplers
6" rcx

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do wanna find a cheap RCSB 4x4

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definatly pumped for the build..been torn between slammed on 20s with a 6.0, or lifted..i have one slammed with a 6.0 already, so im thinking lift it for now, find a 6.0 build it and swap it in this summer..should be a fun cruisin/hunting/whatever truck

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
You should lift and camo wrap. These look good wrapped and lifted..black 18s on 33s or 35s and the black rollbar in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo