Normal ticking???!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Axm1096

Reaction score
Is this ticking normal it only does it when the engine is up to temp it does not do it on cold start is this normal

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this ticking normal it only does it when the engine is up to temp it does not do it on cold start is this normal
I am not hearing the ticking at all... :)

Sometimes, what you think might be something like light lifter ticking is actually the injectors firing normally. Another sound of "ticking like sound" can be an exhaust leak at the manifold.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Post a video of the noise when you can. You may also have an exhaust leak at the manifold(s). But like @wsteele said, the noise may just be injectors. First you have heard the noise? Right after an oil change? Other work done?

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
Ive tried to add a video and keeps telling me the extension is not available idk what that means dose anyone know how i can post a video thank you

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive tried to add a video and keeps telling me the extension is not available idk what that means dose anyone know how i can post a video thank you
The only way it has worked for me is to post the clip to YouTube then insert a link here.

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
Ot only ticks when it warms up not on cold starts thank you guys for any advice

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, that does sound like a lifter tick noise. But I have also seen here and heard here about driving 1000's of miles with no problems.

The first video can hear it clearer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae