NGK 94567 Ruthenium HX ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used these???
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9779972&cc=1441045&jsn=652&jsn=652

They are supposed to be the newest/latest/greatest in plug technology.

Rockauto says... Ruthenium (maximum durability & ignitability).

I am usually a hardcore fan of keeping AC Delco plugs in a GM engine but since NGK and AC Delco are supposed to be one in the same manufacturer now I guess it's kinda 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other.

Any way like I said... any experience with these???

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are only $8 a pop why not run em and let us know?

Personally I cant imagine you are going to see any significant difference over other properly working fresh plugs.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
They are only $8 a pop why not run em and let us know?

Personally I cant imagine you are going to see any significant difference over other properly working fresh plugs.

To be honest I wasn't expecting any increase in performance or anything... I was just curious about longevity.

Rock Auto lists them like this...

Platinum = Lasts 2x longer than copper
Double platinum = Lasts 3x longer than copper
Iridium = Lasts 4x longer than copper
Ruthenium (maximum durability & ignitability)

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
First I've heard of them. In 80,000 miles I'll be looking for a new set of plugs...

I will be due for new plugs pretty soon... can't remember exactly but I think the ones in there now have maybe 75-80k on them so that is why I'm starting to look.... that's when I saw these listed on RA.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As little as I drive mine, *maybe* 4k a year, I used the double platinums. I may pull them when they get to 50k to look at them... in 10 or 12 years.

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do they have for a gap? I see most of the plugs on RA, for the 6.2 at least, are pre-gapped to .040 while some of the NGK’s are gapped to .044. I don’t see a gap on the link from the OP.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At ~100K miles, I'm fine with the lifespan of iridium or even platinum. But if these maintain comparable or better performance than the iridiums throughout that lifespan, then I'd get 'em. Even if they're a couple bucks more per plug, you'd recover from and forget about it long before they're due to be replaced again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518