New Here - Just picked up a 2007 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
May not be such a deal unless he is very lucky. 2007 was when GM went bankrupt and 99% of ALL GM vehicles that year were lemons, with thousands of reported major repairs. But, maybe he got lucky. Most 2007 GM vehicles are selling at 50% less than competitive Ford or Japan car for a reason.
to say 99% of all GM vehicles that year were lemons is a massive overstatement. Eitherway we'll see if it's a lemon, but with the service history on it, and the way it drove, I think its just fine. I'm not expecting a show room perfect car by any means, especially being 14/15 years old now, things will pop up and I understand that, I wouldn't call it a lemon by any stretch of the imagination.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
to say 99% of all GM vehicles that year were lemons is a massive overstatement. Eitherway we'll see if it's a lemon, but with the service history on it, and the way it drove, I think its just fine. I'm not expecting a show room perfect car by any means, especially being 14/15 years old now, things will pop up and I understand that, I wouldn't call it a lemon by any stretch of the imagination.
Wow 99%? I had no idea they were that bad. I would of figured only 80 or 90% of all GM’s in 07 were lemons.

Makes sense though. The current resale on 07 GM vehicles would support that number beyond a doubt.

OP
OP
J

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are two pictures from the ad.

Also that isn't rust on the roof, its tree sap

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.37.59 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.37.59 PM.jpeg
    383.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.38.16 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.38.16 PM.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 19

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are two pictures from the ad.

Also that isn't rust on the roof, its tree sap
Wow, I've never seen one that rusty. Helps me to know which areas to keep clean underneath! Fix the rust and it'll hopefully last another 5 years.

OP
OP
J

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've only seen rust on those rear quarters one other time. Goes to show ya that some folks don't take care of their possessions.
Agreed.
It’s seems like the previous owners although didn’t care about the cosmetic conditions were more than diligent on the mechanical condition of it.

Just got off the phone with my auto body guy, he’s sourcing replacement quarter panels to replace the dent and the rust by the fuel tank door.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May not be such a deal unless he is very lucky. 2007 was when GM went bankrupt and 99% of ALL GM vehicles that year were lemons, with thousands of reported major repairs. But, maybe he got lucky. Most 2007 GM vehicles are selling at 50% less than competitive Ford or Japan car for a reason.

What are you basing that conclusion on? I did a simple Autotrader search using the 2007 model year only, comparing retail asking prices for Yukon/Tahoe, Expeditions and Toyota Sequoias doesn't show that result at all.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you basing that conclusion on? I did a simple Autotrader search using the 2007 model year only, comparing retail asking prices for Yukon/Tahoe, Expeditions and Toyota Sequoias doesn't show that result at all.
It does here. The 07-14 suvs are built like **** anyhow, but 07 is far and away the worst of the bunch.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does here. The 07-14 suvs are built like **** anyhow, but 07 is far and away the worst of the bunch.
It does where?

I bought a 2007 Yukon new, had exactly one warranty claim (TCCM about 500 miles in), no more warranty claims. I am in the position to buy just about anything I might fancy and can't find anything I like better than my 2007 Yukon, which still looks almost like new. So, from a guy who owned one, I think you are well off the mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700