New Here - Just picked up a 2007 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a 2007 Yukon XL Denali.

Fairly low mileage at 120k miles. Full service records since new. There's 2 issues I need to address, body surface rust and a fairly large dent on one of the quarter panels. I'm going to be addressing the surface rust first (Wheel wells, rocker panels have a very slight amount starting - just bubbling, and a large spot by the gas door). I would say 5 - 8 hours over a weekend and I should be able to address this. The interior is immaculate and the under body just has surface rust.

I have a coupe of questions - is this normal for northern states? Where can I find perfectly matching touch up spray paint? My Yukon is in white.

I wouldn't have purchased this with the surface rust if it wasn't for the steal of a deal I'm getting on it.... $1200 for it which I thought considering the low mileage, the immaculate service record (literally 2 folders full of receipts) I figured it was worth it and to just pay to have the body work addressed. Examples with the same year, similar mileage and just started to show bubbling for surface rust around the body are listed for $15,000 here. There's a chance I may need the old quarter panel cut out and a replacement welded in.

Last edited:

2010GMCYD

Reaction score
I'd say that's the steal of the year if not decade. Post some pics please! Re: paint, I just bought GM OEM paint on ebay for my '10 Yukon (I only needed touchup) but you can also buy from a dealer (and pay top $).

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Please respond to earlier question. $1,200 or $12,000?

OP
OP
J

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Please respond to earlier question. $1,200 or $12,000?
Thank you! I thought I did. Yes $1,200 not $12,000.

I’ll post pics when I get it from the auto body shop addressing the quarter panel dent. Underbody is good just surface rust as expected here. Hooked it up to a scanner no codes, went on an extended drive (an hour on the highway) from the sellers house to the auto body shop and engine / transmission / suspension all seem good.

OP
OP
J

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There must be more wrong with it but maybe not.
So far everything else looks good. The rust makes the truck look horrible.

after the auto body it’s off to the mechanic for a safety inspection I’ll post if anything else is found. But judging by the maintenance history and how it drives, I don’t believe anything mechanically or in terms of suspension has any issues. The interior is pretty immaculate as well. Looks like he just didn’t care to have any paint chips corrected before they could start oxidizing.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fully believe the 1200, and I am going to bet that unless their are check engine lights, or some other light hes not telling us about....

You mentioned northern states.. Which northern state?

Some northern communist states will fail a vehicle for rust is why I ask.

Would love to see some pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts