New Here - Just picked up a 2007 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I got the Yukon back for a week or until they source the quarter panels. I have one issue, there’s a whining noise/static coming from the driver side headliner (from what looks like is maybe a speaker) I’m posting a picture of the culprit.

Also I’ve started to remove the tree sap by clay baring, and would say a lot of what looks like rust is actually just caked on dirt. I’ll be clay baring the entire car this week and will post pics

42D2D98C-8458-4E41-919B-C4C324754B36.jpeg

VTHokie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I got the Yukon back for a week or until they source the quarter panels. I have one issue, there’s a whining noise/static coming from the driver side headliner (from what looks like is maybe a speaker) I’m posting a picture of the culprit.

Also I’ve started to remove the tree sap by clay baring, and would say a lot of what looks like rust is actually just caked on dirt. I’ll be clay baring the entire car this week and will post pics

View attachment 347064
I believe that is the onstar microphone. See if this fix works.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my understanding that’s the sensor for the auto a/c. And I believe it states it in the owners manual.

OP
OP
J

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So everyone wanted a list of issues with the truck other than the surface rust, here it is,

-cruise control doesn’t work (found solution - brake light sensor on brake pedal)
-heated steering wheel doesn’t work (found solution fuse under steering column)
-weird static noise from that little speaker above drivers seat (solution found part ordered)
-a/c needs refilling (looks like it’s had a leak for years and the previous owners got it filled yearly)
-driver side mirror replacement (part ordered)
-replacement rear wiper
-ebrake cable (parts ordered)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts