New guy with a 2013 Escalade ESV Premium AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the Timeing belt and tensionor?

I have a new ACDelco ACK060935HD Belt Drive Component Kit consisting of:
-tensioner and roller
-idler roller
-serpentine belt
-AC compressor belt.

This kit is in the large box of parts I have for my Escalade. However, at this moment, both belts look very good, with no cracking or delamination. I hear no funny noises from the rollers. So, for the moment, those go on the back burner. I want to get the transmission done, brakes cleaned and inspected, ignition tune-up performed, etc... And then do the belt kit.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the ballpark cost to have all that done?

I have a slight oil leak that I'm thinking may be the rear main seal. It's not enough to leave a drip or puddle while parked, but the back of the pan, oil filter, and sway bar get a lightly coated between oil changes. I've tried different filters, replaced the oil cooler block gasket, and checked the torque on the pan bolts, which a couple towards the rear weren't tight.

I'm thinking about having a shop replace the rear main seal and since the trans has to come out, do this torque converter upgrade. It just hit 130k.
Sorry I missed this. Right around $1300-$1400, including the parts.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have been busy with my Escalade.
I have:

-made an idiot of myself by going to a dealer for what I thought would be warranty work for a check engine light, mentioned in my P0131, P0171 thread

-caught a rock from an 18-wheeler returning home from the above idiot dealer visit. Had SafeLite AutoGlass install a new windshield

6D1023D9-C205-4158-A2DF-5370D29EE7DB.jpeg
Not what I wanted after being awake for 22 hours, paying $485 for nothing, and still have an hour to drive home.

-learned that 31PSI is not the correct tire pressure, and that the last yahoo who rotated the tires, did not relearn the TPMS system. So...as I was filling the tire that indicated low pressure, its indicated pressure never rose. However, another tire was now at 40PSI! I ordered a TPMS pinger tool and used it to relearn the system

599AD450-6626-4B47-A9F7-5071A89239BF.jpeg
Fun fact: The 'G' stands for GM, and the 'F' stands for Ford. I couldn't get the TPMS sensors to respond to the pinger. Guess which one it was set on...

-completed the transmission work, mentioned in my 6L80 Sonnax thread

-replaced the engine oil fill, coolant surge tank, brake master cylinder, and fuel tank caps with GM replacements. It is a me thing. I like to have new, good caps on all those things.

2021-10-24 138.JPG
New GM 20760280 brake master cylinder cap and seal at left, old one at right.

2021-11-02 007.JPG
New GM 12643759 engine oil filler cap at left, old Motorad cap at right.

-replaced the spark plugs and wires, and learned there is a hard way, and a harder way to do this. Will be seen in an upcoming thread.

-drained the radiator and refilled with a fresh mix of DexCool and distilled water. Really would have been nice to have a drain on the radiator. Thanks, GM. I was amazed to see the service manual tell me to remove the lower radiator hose to drain the coolant...

-bought a hitch receiver plug and 7-to-4 pin adapter for the trailer harness. I may or may not look for a body hitch cover. I kinda like the look of the exposed black receiver against the Diamond White bumper. We'll see...

2021-10-24 170.JPG
Yeah, I know the receiver plug is cheesy. But I am goofy like that...

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I respect your energy and skill for making this Escalade tip top. Well done!

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021-10-24 173.JPG
Receiver plug doesn't look too bad to me.

-had two new keys and two new remotes programmed. This Escalade only came with one remote when I bought it. I like having spares. This is the first vehicle I have had that the remotes are NOT user programmable. I had to have the locksmith to it.

2021-11-02 001.JPG
Original remote and crested key that came with the Escalade at left, new aftermarket remote and generic key in the middle, and new GM remote with crested key at the right.

2021-11-02 002.JPG
Original crested remote at left, aftermarket remote in middle, and GM crested remote at right. I am a schmuck, because I wanted a new crested remote and key to use daily.

-However, my TECH 2 arrived!!! No more dealer resets/relearns for me. :D

2021-11-02 033.JPG
New clone Tech 2 from chinacardiags.com.

Note: I found a Tech 2 User's Guide on the internet that was VERY helpful to me in setting up this Tech 2 and doing the initial test. I had issues understanding the included CD's.

http://www.auto-diagnostics.info/pdf/tech2_users_guide.pdf

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I respect your energy and skill for making this Escalade tip top. Well done!
Thank you! This is how I am on projects. I throw myself into them with a passion. Also, I have learned to just go ahead and blow it at the beginning and get most of what I want out of the way. I spent WAYYY too much money on the Tech 2, AllData subscription, Black Bear Tune, and maintenance and repairs. In the past, I would do things like that over time. Now, BLAM! get it all done now and go with it.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention this:

-drove over 7 hours round trip back to the selling dealer for a completely wasted trip. At the time of sale, the Used Car Sales Manager told me he would replace all four door window exterior trim appliques and touch up the scratches in the pain on the front and rear bumpers. He did have the appliques replaced, though it meant the Escalade wasn't ready the day I bought it. Didn't matter, as they look AWESOME!!!. However, the paint scratches were not done. I called him on it. He told me to bring the Escalade back, the body shop would touch up the paint.
Yeah... It started to rain when they were done, so I picked up the Escalade and drove home. Mistake on my part.
At home, I looked at the 'touch ups.' The Sales Manager talked about how the body shop would have to mix up the paint, because the Cadillac Diamond White Tri-Coat is a pearl coat paint. The paint scratches looked like White-Out was applied. With the brush on the cap in the bottle. I sent photos to the Sales Manager. He eventually got back to me and suggested that the existing paint had aged and was not a good match...
No. I have bought touch up paint and will deal with it myself. I am not making any more 7 hour round trips for nothing, plus the price of a tank of fuel.

0F30F01F-E3F9-4A99-BF55-84AEDE5D3236.jpeg

30BCDA0A-3F69-43AA-9DC6-6606326B5FFF.jpeg

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these have a timing "chain" no need to ever worry about it unless you are more savage than me which is EXTREMELY unlikely. what say you @randeez ever stretch the timing chain?
Wow...I totally brain farted this one. I read that as serpentine belt.
Good catch!