New Fog Light Observation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearly the AI is reading the forums and found you guilty so it decided to punish you o_O
Bastards! It was probably that evil Alexa app in the dash listening to me tell my wife about all the problems with these new units I keep reading about on this forum

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 performs the same way, if the fog lights are turned on manually, the headlights are left in auto mode, and the ambient temperature is not sufficient to trigger the headlights, the DRLs will continue to stay at full bright mode. However the marker/parking lights do illuminate in conjunction with the fog light operation regardless.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have the OTA update pushed yet...no evidence of it on my ride...have "Checked for Updates" several times...
Just received the message that my vehicle was ready to update OTA, I did push the remind me later button as it required the vehicle to be parked for 15 minutes and I did not have the time. I have an appointment at the dealer for some other issues and was supposed to get that recall done then. Not sure but I may just try the OTA update and see how it goes.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received the message that my vehicle was ready to update OTA, I did push the remind me later button as it required the vehicle to be parked for 15 minutes and I did not have the time. I have an appointment at the dealer for some other issues and was supposed to get that recall done then. Not sure but I may just try the OTA update and see how it goes.
Was there an N22-XXXXXXX number associated with the OTA? Did it mention anything about what the OTA would change?

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there an N22-XXXXXXX number associated with the OTA? Did it mention anything about what the OTA would change?
Yes there was, but I forgot to take a pic of it, next time I see it I will get the number, it did not say anything about what it would do or what it was for. Since the only recall I have is the fog lights I'm sure that is what it is for,

OP
OP
texasdriver

texasdriver

Reaction score

I just got an OTA update for N22-2379480 when I pulled into work this morning. Came back out a few hours later and all seemed well. I had the "improved" DRL and fog light function before this update, so I'm still scratching my head. Seems that this update had more to do with the update process itself.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just got an OTA update for N22-2379480 when I pulled into work this morning. Came back out a few hours later and all seemed well. I had the "improved" DRL and fog light function before this update, so I'm still scratching my head. Seems that this update had more to do with the update process itself.

Yeah, that's the same update I received back in early December. The release notes said it was to enable the system to receive future OTA updates. My understanding is they are patching the system so it doesn't have the same problems as the '21 SUV non-google based infotainment system (battery draining).

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got my update today. In its notes it says the update is needed to allow the vehicle to recieve future OTA updates. otherwise it didn't say what else it had in it. I did it after work, and it took less than 10 minutes. I went out after it updated to make sure it finished and vehicle started up. It was all good and vehicle update was sucessful. reason i checked was to some others having dead batteries the next morning due to an OTA update.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did the OTA update about a month ago it changed nothing I could notice. When the yukon was at the dealer 2 weeks ago for a warranty repair they did the DRL update on it and that did change how they function. As others have stated they now stay bright when the fogs are on and headlights off

A10MileHusker

Reaction score
Received an update on my screen this morning. Hit install, waited a bit for it to finish a I'm so pumped to say that it worked! DRLs stay bright with the fog lights!