New Fog Light Observation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recieved the notice on the GMC app that my vehicle was ready for the update for the DRL's. But I had the dealer do the update when it was in for service on the SC not working. I wonder if this will read that the update is already in place and not needed. Would hate for it to update the BCM again and corrupt something since it is already completed.

OP
OP
texasdriver

texasdriver

Reaction score
I finally got the OTA DRL update, and my fogs remained bright when the DRLs were on! Not sure what the dealer did to make them bright before I got the update.

Man they look good.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does anyone have any idea what will happen if I select to update the DRL's even though they have already been updated at the dealer. Tired of seeing this message over and over again, I have heard that if reject the OTA then all future updates will have to be done at the dealer, not sure if this is accurate or not.

OP
OP
texasdriver

texasdriver

Reaction score
So does anyone have any idea what will happen if I select to update the DRL's even though they have already been updated at the dealer. Tired of seeing this message over and over again, I have heard that if reject the OTA then all future updates will have to be done at the dealer, not sure if this is accurate or not.
Surely it can't hurt.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it N22-235945 you’re being asked to install via OTA? If so it looks like there’s a few other bug fixes included in that release so while your DRLs wont change, the other fixes will be implemented.

The only advice I have on OTAs is to make sure you’re parked in a place where you get good signal. I had an OTA update fail a couple of times trying it at my house. When I drove to town and parked in a Walmart parking lot, then it installed without issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts