New Fog Light Observation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
texasdriver

texasdriver

Reaction score
You can turn off all cabin lights by reaching up and holding (any) of the front overhead console overhead lamps for about 3 seconds....
Is there a way to turn them all on? I used to love that dome lamp on switch, but I can't find it anymore on this new one.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn them all on? I used to love that dome lamp on switch, but I can't find it anymore on this new one.
Same. Hold one down for 3 sec, they all turn on. Hold it again, they all turn off

Attachments

• 210161B9-B760-4A06-AAB2-83BBF01BA7CE.jpeg
    210161B9-B760-4A06-AAB2-83BBF01BA7CE.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 19

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. I’m telling you…download it…save the PDF on your computer. Being able to search it is super convenient!

I actually recommend a cover to cover read…but…some people are not that focused.
I agree that downloading the owners manual and reading it. I had actually read the owners manual cover to cover twice before my tahoe was even built. i am sure if i read through it again, i would still find out new things about my ride.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed today that when I turned on the fog lights the DRL's dimmed. I'm thinking this is not something that is going to be fixed and was designed that way. The only thing I can think of is that if you really need the fog lights on then having bright DRL's on would inhibit vision inn a fog condition. This didn't behave like this on my 2015 Yukon or the 2016 Tahoe, as I always turned on the fog lights. But then again the DRL's were a different design

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed today that when I turned on the fog lights the DRL's dimmed. I'm thinking this is not something that is going to be fixed and was designed that way. The only thing I can think of is that if you really need the fog lights on then having bright DRL's on would inhibit vision inn a fog condition. This didn't behave like this on my 2015 Yukon or the 2016 Tahoe, as I always turned on the fog lights. But then again the DRL's were a different design
^ this. People keep saying they want the get that "fixed" but pretty sure there's nothing to fix and they are designed to dim when the fogs or headlights come on

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ this. People keep saying they want the get that "fixed" but pretty sure there's nothing to fix and they are designed to dim when the fogs or headlights come on
Exactly correct. Except that the DRL’s will go off w/ the headlights once the Recall BCM software gets applied; as that is what the recall is for: Noncompliance w/ Federal Motor Vehicle safety standard requiring DRL to extinguish when headlights are on.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would that include the glowtie/gmc embelems as well? Not that i have the glowtie, but they add illumination to the front of vehicle and make it a bit easier to see. In all honesty, dimmed drls is good enough as headlights over the last 10 years have all gotten insanely bright to oncoming traffic that most of the time i cant tell if its jusy the low beams or im being brighted by traffic until they are basically right beside me, so drls being on bright or dimmed or off wouldnt matter as they dont project that much light downroad anyway to tell a difference.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would that include the glowtie/gmc embelems as well? Not that i have the glowtie, but they add illumination to the front of vehicle and make it a bit easier to see. In all honesty, dimmed drls is good enough as headlights over the last 10 years have all gotten insanely bright to oncoming traffic that most of the time i cant tell if its jusy the low beams or im being brighted by traffic until they are basically right beside me, so drls being on bright or dimmed or off wouldnt matter as they dont project that much light downroad anyway to tell a difference.
Not sure. I don’t have the update yet. But, I think the illuminated emblem is tied into the Parking Light Circuit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts