New Fog Light Observation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my 2022 Denali yesterday. I was facing a big window and could see my DRLs go off when I turned on the fog lights. I will be checking for updates or maybe just wait for my next visit to the Dealer.

Here is one that drives my Wife crazy, no light in the glovebox. I looked to see if I was missing it or if it was just out, but there does not seem to be a light in there. Wife thinks it is a serious omission on a vehicle like this.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing this thread I got all excited and did the update and sadly nothing changed. I too hate the dimming feature when fogs or headlights come on. Anybody other than the op see a change in drl behavior?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one that drives my Wife crazy, no light in the glovebox. I looked to see if I was missing it or if it was just out, but there does not seem to be a light in there. Wife thinks it is a serious omission on a vehicle like this.
This one does seem like an oversight...esp since there is one in the center console.
I am half tempted to wire in an LED in that area and just let it be on anytime the headlights are on...

Incidentally; I haven't seen a lighted glove box in a number of years on any GM vehicle I have had; last one that had it was my 98 Tahoe, I think.
That one even had a cool "Trouble Light" under the hood; was a 12V light w/ a plastic dome cover, magnet on the base, on a reel with enough cord to reach the rear...thought it was a cool feature.

1671463513333.png

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one even had a cool "Trouble Light" under the hood; was a 12V light w/ a plastic dome cover, magnet on the base, on a reel with enough cord to reach the rear...thought it was a cool feature.
Those were the good old days when common man could work on his own rig and the use of a flashlight actually helped. Now days you're better off having a laptop in hand than a flashlight when troubleshooting a car problem...

It's funny but in the year and a half we've had our yukon I've never noticed there was no light in the glove box. I don't think we actually have anything in there

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
Incidentally; I haven't seen a lighted glove box in a number of years on any GM vehicle I have had; last one that had it was my 98 Tahoe, I think.

View attachment 387730
I really miss that from my 1992 Suburban 2500.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked for an update on my 22 AT4 but it said I was current with all updates. My DRLs dim when I hit the fog lights and it drives me nuts! Hoping to get this fixed soon!

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same dimming issue with my ultimate. I'll check for a software update the next time we load up to go somewhere.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my 2022 Denali yesterday. I was facing a big window and could see my DRLs go off when I turned on the fog lights. I will be checking for updates or maybe just wait for my next visit to the Dealer.

Try the reading light. I know it’s not the same as a light in the glovebox, but I must say I’m impressed with how GM designed these reading lights. Instead of diffusing the light all over the place, they “project” the light right where you need it, and they’re not too distracting if they are turned on by the kids or wife while driving in the dark.

The only design change I’d make is giving the driver a switch to turn them on/off. I have kids in the 2nd and 3rd rows that buckle themselves, but can’t reach the lights. It’d be great to just hit a switch so they can see their buckles, then turn them off with a switch.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the reading light. I know it’s not the same as a light in the glovebox, but I must say I’m impressed with how GM designed these reading lights. Instead of diffusing the light all over the place, they “project” the light right where you need it, and they’re not too distracting if they are turned on by the kids or wife while driving in the dark.

The only design change I’d make is giving the driver a switch to turn them on/off. I have kids in the 2nd and 3rd rows that buckle themselves, but can’t reach the lights. It’d be great to just hit a switch so they can see their buckles, then turn them off with a switch.
You can turn off all cabin lights by reaching up and holding (any) of the front overhead console overhead lamps for about 3 seconds....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt