New Engine...Low Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Def put that on their social media page, as a warning to any other poor souls who need their ride fixed right. Yelp, facebook etc.
He said they had 47 complaints with the BBB as well as a news segment on them so I’m pretty sure they’ve been blasted on social media too, yet people don’t do their homework and get taken just like he did. Do your due diligence people, especially for something as big as rebuilding your motor. I always check the BBB on businesses I’m unfamiliar with.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aluminum V8s run lower oil pressures than that. The bypass is set for the 30s.

If it's under warranty, it's safe to drive! ;)

LFA engine spec
Oil Pump Variable Displacement

l92 spec

Oil Pump High volume (1.25 c.i. per rev. @ 33 psi)

OP
OP
G

GMperformance03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I was an intelligent buyer that always tried to do research and due diligence before making decisions. In this case I made a bad decision, but I really did call ahead and talk to multiple people within the company. The claim that really got me was that “we’ve rebuilt over 70,000 engines & don’t be deterred by the few bad reviews online.” That argument seemed to make sense to me at the time.

OP
OP
G

GMperformance03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The last straw was when it left my wife and 3 year old daughter stranded in the 90 degree heat. I called the engine shop who told me they would reimburse me for the tow bill. After I tried to get the reimbursement, they declined to answer or return any of my calls. Real lowlifes. It makes it really hard to trust anybody nowadays.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The last straw was when it left my wife and 3 year old daughter stranded in the 90 degree heat. I called the engine shop who told me they would reimburse me for the tow bill. After I tried to get the reimbursement, they declined to answer or return any of my calls. Real lowlifes. It makes it really hard to trust anybody nowadays.
Hopefully you posted your honest reviews already, along with his"We built 70,000 engines" comment.

OP
OP
G

GMperformance03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not sure yet. I would like to get another Yukon or Escalade but am a little apprehensive. I need to do some more research on these things before I make another purchase.

KatGV

Reaction score
Have this happening currently, had my engine replaced with a factory re-man @ 208,000. at that time also replaced exh. gaskets and seals,all hoses, water pump, thermostat, engine mounts, op sensor, starter, alternator, rad cap and ov flw tank, drv. belt, pulley and tensioner, plugs and wires, temp sensor, dipstick tube, and cam position sensor. whew!

Any how few months later, kept getting rough idle and low oil pressure at every stop but since I am a woman nobody believed me "Nothing Wrong , Normal" .
Forward 1 year later (not sure of the mileage here) still happening and 30 miles away from home I get a check engine lite and call onstar they say I'm ok to drive home and take to dealer... Now driving home on freeway 40 mph, in limp mode, in slow lane all the way ...

At dealer they check out and re-man engine was put together from plant wrong ( on a Friday lol ) So I get it newly rebuilt from dealer..

Now at 280,000+ miles over 4 years and out of warranty and still have this rough idle and low op at stops and STILL getting told this is normal... REALLY ! It runs fine at go. op at 40 but once stopped it immediately idles rough and op drops to about 25.

Anybody else have/had this issue and gotten it fixed?? New engines should NOT have this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019