New Engine...Low Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GMperformance03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am okay with turning wrenches and may end up going that route. I just have a hard time trusting anyone anymore, I really need a reputable company. I paid 4K for a rebuilt motor that can’t even make it over 500 miles before it starts knocking (3 times now) with scary low oil pressure each time. LIt left my wife and daughter stranded the other day in 90 degree heat. The engine builder is very dishonest and is now making me remove the engine (at my cost) and send it back before I get my refund.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I am okay with turning wrenches and may end up going that route. I just have a hard time trusting anyone anymore, I really need a reputable company. I paid 4K for a rebuilt motor that can’t even make it over 500 miles before it starts knocking (3 times now) with scary low oil pressure each time. LIt left my wife and daughter stranded the other day in 90 degree heat. The engine builder is very dishonest and is now making me remove the engine (at my cost) and send it back before I get my refund.
Sue his ass, contact the BBB and file a complaint. Also--if he advertises online, give him an honest review! That'll hurt him in that dishonest pocket of his.

OP
OP
G

GMperformance03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They have had 47 complaints with the BBB & even had a news segment broadcast on the company due to all the complaints. Unfortunately they also provide engines for lots of other direct reman engine companies so their presence is vast and spreads far beyond the local market. I usually don’t like to complain about businesses or write bad reviews but this honestly has been the worst experience in my life, even working as a contractor I have never dealt with such dishonest, crooked people. Suing would be an option but the cost and time it would take to try and recoup the money may be greater than what I would get back.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have had 47 complaints with the BBB & even had a news segment broadcast on the company due to all the complaints. Unfortunately they also provide engines for lots of other direct reman engine companies so their presence is vast and spreads far beyond the local market. I usually don’t like to complain about businesses or write bad reviews but this honestly has been the worst experience in my life, even working as a contractor I have never dealt with such dishonest, crooked people. Suing would be an option but the cost and time it would take to try and recoup the money may be greater than what I would get back.

You know what they say about hindsight, but I take it you didn’t check them out very thoroughly before having them rebuild your engine? And obviously found out about the news segment afterwards?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Were you able to check and see if they put the wrong o-ring on the pickup tube?

I learned to turn wrenches because I kept getting ripped off when I was a kid. We were sent to one scam artist after another, all highly praised and recommended by people who knew nothing about cars. Then I turned to my neighbor, I guy who had just moved in across the street, a long-time SEARS mechanic and drag racer, and he taught me how to work on cars and figure things out, I am forever grateful for his tutelage.

Well, if you decide to get her running yourself and are not in too much of a hurry, you've got quite a few options. You could upgrade to the L9H, adding a FlexFuel capability to the truck. You can break down the short block and send it out to be properly examined, or get a crate motor or a used motor. Lots of options.

I thought it would be fun to build a custom motor, go to 402 CID or something like that with my aluminum block fitted with wet sleeves but the 6.2 is hard to beat from an economic stand point. So I reckon when that day comes, I'll put an L9H in her and call it a day.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh my iron block 6.0 runs 17 psi at hot idle. About 30-40 at revs. I was told that was normal... What am I missing here?

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
So the idiot engine shop out of western MI did not fix the problem. I still have low oil pressure (15-20 psi) hot idle, & 40 psi idle at 1,500 rpms.

I will withhold their name until this situation is fixed and/or if I need to get legal representation. Their solution now is to change the block to a cast iron block and their claim is that the aluminum block is defective. Do they even make a 6.2 liter cast iron block?

This is the third engine that they’ve installed and the fifth time the motor has been removed and reinstalled. I have spent almost $1k on rental car expenses in addition to the multiple times I’ve had to drive from Indiana to Michigan.

View attachment 225838

Im not buying it! Im a mech and when i change a component and the gripe returns, I changed the wrong part! Is it possible that there is an assembly error that is being repeated, Yes but not likely, Tell me a mechanical gauge has been used to verify that it isnt a bogus indication? I should go back and read the thread. Potential errors in reman, line bore error, crankshaft reground out of specs, incorrect cam/main/rod bearings "unlikely unless complete idiots" Just about any experienced mech could find your problem. 20 psi hot idle isnt a deal breaker, 40 psi at speed is the norm. Is the engiine noisy? if there is a warranty than drive til it pops and tell the shop to come get their crap and replace it with a longblock. Ok i just read that it does knock, next time it starts that just hammer the crap out of it, It will grenade and than at least that block will be out of the picture. What your going through is just wrong, Will the company refund 100% of your cash just to be rid of the hassle?

Last edited:

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres my oil pressure.....everyone says it's a-ok, and it looks like the OPs pic.

It's not fluctuating, it's consistent. While I have a new oring for the pickup tube, and a new oil pan gasket in hand. I haven't done it yet.....project to-do list.

OP
OP
G

GMperformance03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up selling the Yukon. I lost about $6,000.00 when it was all said and done but have learned my lesson. Originally the engine shop said they would give me a full refund but then backtracked and said they wanted the good parts of the motor back. So in turn I would have to pay someone to pull the motor, send it back to Michigan and wait for my refund check to arrive. At this point I was already out so much that I sold it for cheap to be done with it.

Never ever do business with accurate engines out of Wyoming, MI. I have never been treated so poorly or lied to so blatantly in my life.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I ended up selling the Yukon. I lost about $6,000.00 when it was all said and done but have learned my lesson. Originally the engine shop said they would give me a full refund but then backtracked and said they wanted the good parts of the motor back. So in turn I would have to pay someone to pull the motor, send it back to Michigan and wait for my refund check to arrive. At this point I was already out so much that I sold it for cheap to be done with it.

Never ever do business with accurate engines out of Wyoming, MI. I have never been treated so poorly or lied to so blatantly in my life.
Def put that on their social media page, as a warning to any other poor souls who need their ride fixed right. Yelp, facebook etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts