New 2023 Yukon At4 Order - 6.2L unavailable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of now, GM offers only the 6SP when mated to the 5.3L. Part of the desirability of the 6.2L is that 10 SP trans.

The 6.2L doesn’t have to lift a finger to get the truck moving. Once moving it doesn’t work as hard using lower RPM based on gearing, hp & torque. The byproduct is also longevity.
It was likely this way in the pre-'21+ generation, but since '21, all engines - 5.3, 6.2 and 3.0 diesel get the 10L80 (ten speed) transmission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of now, GM offers only the 6SP when mated to the 5.3L. Part of the desirability of the 6.2L is that 10 SP trans.

The 6.2L doesn’t have to lift a finger to get the truck moving. Once moving it doesn’t work as hard using lower RPM based on gearing, hp & torque. The byproduct is also longevity.
The 5.3 and 6.2 both have the 10 speed

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Wow, Ty. I was looking online last week and all the trans options for the 5.3L showed the 6L80.

That 10 SP will wake up the 5.3 and give it the milage and off the line oomph it deserves.

Gawd I’d love to have a 10SP in my 09 Esky.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that on the 5.3L V8, GM recommends 87 Octane in US, even w/ the 11.0:1 Compression ratio..owners manual excerpt..
View attachment 406700

What does your owner's manual say?

Regardless, running your 95, you certainly won't hurt anything in your 5.3, there is only positive to be had running the higher octane...but it may not be required and you may not see any benefit.
Unfortunately, I can’t find the instructions online with us, because Chevrolet has officially left Russia. But on automotive sites, the technical specifications for Tahoe 5.3 really indicate 95 brand gasoline. But it's funny, it turns out that our 5.3 owners can fill in our 92nd gasoline without any problems)))

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can’t find the instructions online with us, because Chevrolet has officially left Russia. But on automotive sites, the technical specifications for Tahoe 5.3 really indicate 95 brand gasoline. But it's funny, it turns out that our 5.3 owners can fill in our 92nd gasoline without any problems)))
This seems to match with what the Owners Manual says and what I would expect.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, Ty. I was looking online last week and all the trans options for the 5.3L showed the 6L80.

That 10 SP will wake up the 5.3 and give it the milage and off the line oomph it deserves.

Gawd I’d love to have a 10SP in my 09 Esky.
In the pickups, the 5.3 gets the 10L80 starting at model year 2019.
For the SUV's I believe it didn't come in the 5.3 until 2021.
6.2L has had the 10L80 since 2019 in the SUV's and Trucks.

BDM3

Reaction score
Retired back in 2006, so I never got to fly the "K". I actually picked up a brand new MH-53E from Sikorsky so many years ago when we transitioned from the RH-53D to the MH-53E. It had that new car smell in the cockpit. Hard to believe the Navy is now retiring that aircraft. Wow, time flies...
That must of been quite the experience getting to pick up the “E.” Did you pick it up from the Stratford plant? I agree it’s sad to see it getting retired, but the “K” will be a great replacement for decades to come. Trying to get a replacement for the Blackhawks out there too.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems to match with what the Owners Manual says and what I would expect.
1692798159103.pngThis is very funny, my friend, the owner of Tahoe 5.3, which he bought officially in Russia, sent his manual. Here is the screenshot. The translation is as follows.
The recommended fuel is
unleaded gasoline with octane
number 95.
Unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 92 may be used. However
use of unleaded fuel
with an octane rating of less than 95 will result in
to a decrease in vehicle dynamics and deterioration in fuel efficiency.

It seems word for word as in the American manual, but 87 gasoline replaced 95. Despite the fact that the American 87 is the same as the Russian 92nd. It turns out that when Tahoe adapted to Russian conditions, we removed the ability to refuel 92 with gasoline))))))

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 406772This is very funny, my friend, the owner of Tahoe 5.3, which he bought officially in Russia, sent his manual. Here is the screenshot. The translation is as follows.
The recommended fuel is
unleaded gasoline with octane
number 95.
Unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 92 may be used. However
use of unleaded fuel
with an octane rating of less than 95 will result in
to a decrease in vehicle dynamics and deterioration in fuel efficiency.

It seems word for word as in the American manual, but 87 gasoline replaced 95. Despite the fact that the American 87 is the same as the Russian 92nd. It turns out that when Tahoe adapted to Russian conditions, we removed the ability to refuel 92 with gasoline))))))
Or there was doubt by the engineers that 92 was always >= 92, so they margined it to 95?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork