New 2023 Yukon At4 Order - 6.2L unavailable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Velvet Wheeler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks. New to the group. Have enjoyed the content. I have driven Ford F150s for the last 20 years but wanted something different and ultimately landed on the Yukon At4. I was advised that the 6.2L engine is currently not available and I was going to pull the plug on my order but because the allocations are so limited i moved forward. This will be a very different vehicle for me in a lot of ways and I’m looking forward to the change. I think the At4 is a great looking vehicle. However I am concerned about being disappointed with the 5.3L. I’m hoping that it will be just fine and will be sufficient but know it will be less fun To drive than the 6.2L would have been. I did upgrade to the fatback performance exhaust hoping for a better sound. I didnt have a choice but am I overreacting or have a legitimate concern?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&Queens N.Y!

Moved you here as these members can help you better then the Intro section. I for one love the AT4.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Russia)))) It's a pity that there is no 6.2. If such options, then I would have looked at a 3-liter diesel. Accelerates to 100 km / h it is the same as 5.3, but more economical.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 21 Tahoe and 22’ Silverado with the 5.3 and changed the muffler on my truck and seemed to give it a little more power, it’s pretty good for me.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous generation to the 5.3L was the Vortec 5.7L, which I'm very familiar with. 255hp. Never saw it as a sluggish engine until...my son brought home his 2016 Silverado a couple years ago. That 5.3L in comparison makes my 5.7L feel like Fred Flintstone's feet are pushing it lol. 355hp in that 5.3L of his I'm told. The 5.3L is a great little eight.

1hp per cubic inch has always been considered a very desirable benchmark for horsepower in an engine. That 5.3L exceeds that benchmark definitively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10