Loaded AT4 vs base Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mtnranger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a loaded AT4 with premium plus and 6.2L on order for last couple of weeks and today I found that it doesn’t come with adaptive cruise control. Now, I’m thinking of switching to a base Denali with trailering package as both come out to $82k. Any insights?

Really want:
Magnetic Ride Control
Decent ground clearance
360 parking view
6.2L

Can live without adaptive cruise control or memory seats but tough pill to swallow when spending 80k

AT4:
Love the exterior look. Grill looks somewhat timeless. Interior is alright.
Hate that it doesn’t have adaptive cruise control and doesn’t have memory seats
Air suspension might come in handy when one day if I get a travel trailer

Denali:
Hate the grill
Interior looks better than AT4, but don’t care that much about it
Choosing the air suspension makes it pricey and also forces you with impractical large wheels.
If I get it, I’ll probably get it with just the pro trailering package

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hate the look of the Denali, that won’t ever change and you walk up to it every time you drive it thinking it doesn’t look good.

Why not just go with a High Country Tahoe/Suburban and stick to the Chevy look you like and also get adaptive cruise? All of the other really want options are either standard or available on that trim.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hate the look of the Denali, that won’t ever change and you walk up to it every time you drive it thinking it doesn’t look good.

Why not just go with a High Country Tahoe/Suburban and stick to the Chevy look you like and also get adaptive cruise? All of the other really want options are either standard or available on that trim.
Pretty sure the high country package also only offers a 22 inch wheel option.

But that being said deals are always struck up with dealers for wheel swaps. That’s a pretty easy problem to solve.

OP
OP
M

Mtnranger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty sure the high country package also only offers a 22 inch wheel option.

But that being said deals are always struck up with dealers for wheel swaps. That’s a pretty easy problem to solve.
It’s 22inch wheels and coil springs as well. Nonetheless, not a fan of Chevy front fascia either

Punteh

Reaction score
Cosmetic things like the grill and wheels can be changed to suit your desires. The interior is much more difficult/impossible to change. And considering the interior is what your using and staring at the entire time you're driving the vehicle to me it would seem to make the interior more important than changeable items on the exterior. Also consider if you're spend 82k on an AT4 you're basically getting the same interior as a base model SLE minus some finishing

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cosmetic things like the grill and wheels can be changed to suit your desires. The interior is much more difficult/impossible to change. And considering the interior is what your using and staring at the entire time you're driving the vehicle to me it would seem to make the interior more important than changeable items on the exterior. Also consider if you're spend 82k on an AT4 you're basically getting the same interior as a base model SLE minus some finishing
He makes excellent points.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but this decision is your, and yours alone. Flip a coin, if you cannot make a final decision on your own.

OP
OP
M

Mtnranger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went ahead and switched to base Denali. Lost front ground clearance, air springs, powered steps, sunroof, all terrain tires, and gained adaptive cruise control and better interior. Figured if we keep it 10+ years, I consoled myself we don’t have to worry about leaky sun roof, leaky air spring bags and stuck power steps

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and switched to base Denali. Lost front ground clearance, air springs, powered steps, sunroof, all terrain tires, and gained adaptive cruise control and better interior. Figured if we keep it 10+ years, I consoled myself we don’t have to worry about leaky sun roof, leaky air spring bags and stuck power steps
Great choice. I personally prefer the static running boards. Less things to break down the line plus the extra benefit that they bigger static boards catch a lot more of the crud from the road flying up and less of it ends up hitting the paint on the lower doors. I like the Denali j two too over the no. Denali interior as well. Especially the integrate dinfotwinment screen that doesn’t stick out away from the dash. You could always order an AT4 grille, swap out the Denali one, and I’m sure you could sell the Denali grille and off set most of the cost of the AT4 grille. I’m sure someone here would buy it off you. Same can be said for wheels if you end up swapping out 22s.

OP
OP
M

Mtnranger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great choice. I personally prefer the static running boards. Less things to break down the line plus the extra benefit that they bigger static boards catch a lot more of the crud from the road flying up and less of it ends up hitting the paint on the lower doors. I like the Denali j two too over the no. Denali interior as well. Especially the integrate dinfotwinment screen that doesn’t stick out away from the dash. You could always order an AT4 grille, swap out the Denali one, and I’m sure you could sell the Denali grille and off set most of the cost of the AT4 grille. I’m sure someone here would buy it off you. Same can be said for wheels if you end up swapping out 22s.
The base Denali comes with the 20s. Down the road maybe 18s but for now I think 20s look proportional and pretty decent compared to the 22s and have sufficient sidewall for dirt roads. I’m not a fan of the grill but I’ll learn to live with the it instead of turning it into a Frankenstein especially because there won’t be matching skid plate and tow hooks.
Thank you all for the insights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts