Loaded AT4 vs base Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
The interior in the denali is so much nicer looking with the integrated dash, that if its an option you almost HAVE to buy the denali. It "forced" me to go up a level and get one.

You say you don't mind and that is fine, but I think you 1000000% made the right choice, can always swap grills and tires! I do really like the at4 exterior better, I have the same problems with the exterior of the denali, its tough!

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interior in the denali is so much nicer looking with the integrated dash, that if its an option you almost HAVE to buy the denali. It "forced" me to go up a level and get one.

You say you don't mind and that is fine, but I think you 1000000% made the right choice, can always swap grills and tires! I do really like the at4 exterior better, I have the same problems with the exterior of the denali, its tough!
Personally, I really like the Vader Chrome, but it's only available with the six-figure rig. Too bad. Having that on a 20-inch base Denali would be a good option for me, especially with the Duramax.

GBF1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a loaded AT4 with premium plus and 6.2L on order for last couple of weeks and today I found that it doesn’t come with adaptive cruise control. Now, I’m thinking of switching to a base Denali with trailering package as both come out to $82k. Any insights?

Really want:
Magnetic Ride Control
Decent ground clearance
360 parking view
6.2L

Can live without adaptive cruise control or memory seats but tough pill to swallow when spending 80k

AT4:
Love the exterior look. Grill looks somewhat timeless. Interior is alright.
Hate that it doesn’t have adaptive cruise control and doesn’t have memory seats
Air suspension might come in handy when one day if I get a travel trailer

Denali:
Hate the grill
Interior looks better than AT4, but don’t care that much about it
Choosing the air suspension makes it pricey and also forces you with impractical large wheels.
If I get it, I’ll probably get it with just the pro trailering package
With the money you will be spending I would not settle for anything less than what you want.

dusttur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 AT4 XL, only thing I don't have is the air suspension. Don't know if it's a chip thing, but I have memory seats... Don't know if you ever plan to go offroad at all (not that I do, just camping but def not doing anything crazy that I'd do in my old Tacoma), but last year I was camping and hit a large rock as I was maneuvering my camper. If it didn't have the AT4 grille/skid plate/better approach angle and had the Denali grille I would have smashed grille and an expensive repair bill on my hands. Definitely was an operator error, but glad the AT4 grille saved me. I love the interior and the magneride suspension is truly amazing. I almost settled for the 5.3L but went with the 6.2L and am SOOOOO glad I did, the engine is a monster.

gatorintx

Reaction score
Don't know if it's a chip thing, but I have memory seats...
Yeah I'm pretty sure all AT4's have memory seats. The GMC website says that 2 memory settings come standard on the AT4. So this, at least, shouldn't be a concern for OP between the Denali and AT4.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
Personally, I really like the Vader Chrome, but it's only available with the six-figure rig. Too bad. Having that on a 20-inch base Denali would be a good option for me, especially with the Duramax.
I agree, I try to look away from the all the chrome when I get in the car, but the interior is so nice it more than makes up for it to me.

yukon-xl

Reaction score
I am pretty sure loaded AT4 comes with memory seats, but adaptive cruise is not available on it. Denali trim has better Bose audio system too, (I believe 13 speakers instead of 10)

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New escalades can be had for the same price as well

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure loaded AT4 comes with memory seats, but adaptive cruise is not available on it. Denali trim has better Bose audio system too, (I believe 13 speakers instead of 10)
I don't think the AT4 has a center dash speaker, so I think they only have 9 speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar