Gmc Yukon AT4 Order process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bertnernee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a 2023 Yukon AT4 with a 6.2L on 4/4/23. (I can list all the pkg details if need be, ask.) The dealer sent me a txt and said “your vehicle order has been accepted by GM and is working toward the production process.” What’s the next step? Also if anyone’s been through this process recently how long is everyone waiting to get delivery. Dealer is saying 10-14 weeks. But didn’t say if it’s after the order was accepted or if it’s the entire process. Thanks.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've climbed the toughest hill to climb in this process (getting an allocation).

The next step is you'll get a TPW (Target Production Week). Your Yukon will be built at some point during that week. From there it's the shipping process and that timing greatly varies based how close you are to the plant (Arlington, TX). If you're close it will get shipped on a transporter truck. If you're further away it will need to get on a train and that takes a bit longer.

OP
OP
B

Bertnernee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You've climbed the toughest hill to climb in this process (getting an allocation).

The next step is you'll get a TPW (Target Production Week). Your Yukon will be built at some point during that week. From there it's the shipping process and that timing greatly varies based how close you are to the plant (Arlington, TX). If you're close it will get shipped on a transporter truck. If you're further away it will need to get on a train and that takes a bit longer.
Thank you for the info. I’m on the east coast in WV so I’d imagine shipping will be a bit then. No worries. I appreciate you. Thanks

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I’m on the east coast in WV so I’d imagine shipping will be a bit then. No worries. I appreciate you. Thanks

You can also back track through this thread and you'll see some forum members will post the dates of each major event in their order. This should give you a better idea of how long things might take. It does seem like the whole process of getting a TPW, built and shipped is going 100X faster than it did in '22. Many of those rigs were built and sat in a lot for months waiting on parts. If I had to guess, I'd say you see your rig in 6-8 weeks after you get a TPW. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
B

Bertnernee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

You can also back track through this thread and you'll see some forum members will post the dates of each major event in their order. This should give you a better idea of how long things might take. It does seem like the whole process of getting a TPW, built and shipped is going 100X faster than it did in '22. Many of those rigs were built and sat in a lot for months waiting on parts. If I had to guess, I'd say you see your rig in 6-8 weeks after you get a TPW. Keep us posted!
Thank you I will look around. Yes I had friends who waited a many many months on cars in 21 and 22. I will post once I have info.

RoganAT4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered my 23' AT4 with the technology package and the 6.2L on 4/15, and it was delivered on 5/31. Initially, our dealer told us it would be 4-6 months. I think we lucked out.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's an available AT4 in Colorado very similar to what I currently have, except it has all of the packages I wanted when I was in the market to buy last year (AT4 Premium Plus pkg., 6.2l, black badges, Redwood Metallic). The only difference in the new one and mine is the advanced suspension and technology package. Otherwise, I have all those other options already. This is the 2nd one I've seen over the last year, and it's killing me that I can't get it right now... I guess I should just shut up and appreciate what I currently have, instead of day-dreaming of what could have been.

OP
OP
B

Bertnernee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a 2023 Yukon AT4 with a 6.2L on 4/4/23. (I can list all the pkg details if need be, ask.) The dealer sent me a txt and said “your vehicle order has been accepted by GM and is working toward the production process.” What’s the next step? Also if anyone’s been through this process recently how long is everyone waiting to get delivery. Dealer is saying 10-14 weeks. But didn’t say if it’s after the order was accepted or if it’s the entire process. Thanks.
Update: 6/19 it came in! We were on vacation when it arrived. Sorry y’all! Super excited so the entire process took roughly 8 weeks from order to arriving at the dealer. It’s being ceramic coated, tinted, ppf on it. I’ll post a pic when we get it back later this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos