Need to find genuine OE part number for Delco oil pressure sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I posted in the wrong section dammit. Need this moved to the 2000-2006.. sorry

Hey guys, so when I bought the Yukon it had a bad pressure sensor. I replaced it with a standard, since I broke the top off the Delco one I had bought. Lol. The standard failed catastrophically in about 3 months, actually leaking oil out the top! So I replaced again with an “OEM” AC Delco part. This part also failed after about 6 months and was replaced under warranty. So I’ve had the current unit in for less than 6 months, and guess what? It’s pegged again. The Tech2 reads 4.59 volts back from it, which explains why it’s pegged at 80psi. Thanks to @Fless for checking his for me, it seems to read under 1v consistently. 3e313ed3bf5dac8888c7960e584652ca.jpg

So I want to replace it again, and ensure I’m getting the OE Delco part, not the pro line, or anything else. I know there are 3-4 Delco lines and after all these failures, I am tired of it breaking. If this doesn’t do it, I’m thinking the wire harness to it may be faulty, so a part number for that would be helpful as well. Any help from someone who has a good idea of the different AC Delco lines would be very welcome!

6ce8061114942e794d67adc05c28d007.jpg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sam,

Have you looked it up at gmpartsdirect.com or another GM parts web site? If not, go there and enter your VIN, then "electrical", then "senders". My L59 is similar to yours but something might be different for yours, so best to use your VIN. Here's what comes up for mine:

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-p...vPXRhaG9lJnk9MjAwNCZ0PWx0JmU9NS0zbC12OC1mbGV4

It shows superseded part numbers, too. Just be wary of non OE parts that reference only the GM part number, and not their own. They should xref to the GM number but it should be obvious that they're not the real McCoy. Should be able to find OE on Amazon. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam,

Have you looked it up at gmpartsdirect.com or another GM parts web site? If not, go there and enter your VIN, then "electrical", then "senders". My L59 is similar to yours but something might be different for yours, so best to use your VIN. Here's what comes up for mine:

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-p...vPXRhaG9lJnk9MjAwNCZ0PWx0JmU9NS0zbC12OC1mbGV4

It shows superseded part numbers, too. Just be wary of non OE parts that reference only the GM part number, and not their own. They should xref to the GM number but it should be obvious that they're not the real McCoy. Should be able to find OE on Amazon. Hope that helps.
Thanks Fless. Yes, Amazon is where I got the first one. I just want to be sure it’s the real deal. I’ll look at gmpartsdirect as well[emoji106]

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam,

Yep, here’s the original one I was installing and managed to break off the plastic top piece. [emoji2957]
aba189fb018f8bc52b635142045e7484.png
8f548332f075c18cf8b052822480cfcf.png

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, here’s the original one I was installing and managed to break off the plastic top piece. [emoji2957]

That stinks! Hope I never have to change mine, but if I do, I know you are getting all this experience and I may have to get up there and visit you! A little drive across town. LOL

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
And I posted in the wrong section dammit. Need this moved to the 2000-2006.. sorry

Hey guys, so when I bought the Yukon it had a bad pressure sensor. I replaced it with a standard, since I broke the top off the Delco one I had bought. Lol. The standard failed catastrophically in about 3 months, actually leaking oil out the top! So I replaced again with an “OEM” AC Delco part. This part also failed after about 6 months and was replaced under warranty. So I’ve had the current unit in for less than 6 months, and guess what? It’s pegged again. The Tech2 reads 4.59 volts back from it, which explains why it’s pegged at 80psi. Thanks to @Fless for checking his for me, it seems to read under 1v consistently. 3e313ed3bf5dac8888c7960e584652ca.jpg

So I want to replace it again, and ensure I’m getting the OE Delco part, not the pro line, or anything else. I know there are 3-4 Delco lines and after all these failures, I am tired of it breaking. If this doesn’t do it, I’m thinking the wire harness to it may be faulty, so a part number for that would be helpful as well. Any help from someone who has a good idea of the different AC Delco lines would be very welcome!

6ce8061114942e794d67adc05c28d007.jpg

Are you swapping these yourself?

Is it possible that they are somehow being damaged during install?

Just seems strange.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stinks! Hope I never have to change mine, but if I do, I know you are getting all this experience and I may have to get up there and visit you! A little drive across town. LOL
Haha, for sure!

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you swapping these yourself?

Is it possible that they are somehow being damaged during install?

Just seems strange.
I did the first one, then I had my buddy who owns a shop do it. I have faith he’s not bunging it up during install. And forgot to mention, I also have a new / rebuilt cluster the last 6 months or so as well. Pretty confident it’s not the stepper motor this time around, especially seeing the voltage where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal