need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so the wheel bearing went out on the camaro . . . so since i don't have a

wheel bearing pulley i bought the whole wheel bearing and hub assembly . . .

well when i went to take the originall hub off i got the 3 bolts off but broke my

socket on the last one and striped it as that happend . . . so i spent 50 bucks in

tools that didn't help me at all trying to get this bolt out . . . figured i could

take the whole a arm off and just take it shop and throw the torch on it but

i can't even get the a arm off i got all three lock nuts off that i need to

take off i just can't get anything to budge and can't get a jack on it where i

need it . . . so dose anyone have any advise becaouse i have ben fighting

this car for 3 days . . . if so thank you . . .

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so the wheel bearing went out on the camaro . . . so since i don't have a

wheel bearing pulley i bought the whole wheel bearing and hub assembly . . .

well when i went to take the originall hub off i got the 3 bolts off but broke my

socket on the last one and striped it as that happend . . . so i spent 50 bucks in

tools that didn't help me at all trying to get this bolt out . . . figured i could

take the whole a arm off and just take it shop and throw the torch on it but

i can't even get the a arm off i got all three lock nuts off that i need to

take off i just can't get anything to budge and can't get a jack on it where i

need it . . . so dose anyone have any advise becaouse i have ben fighting

this car for 3 days . . . if so thank you . . .

Do you have EZ-Outs? And if you have an air-impact that will help. Otherwise a big breaker bar or ratchet. EZ-Outs might be your best bet in getting that bolt out. Or try and hammer a socket on it and get it off. I'd try and not remove the A-Arms if possible.

Once you get that bolt out, I'd run to your local GM Dealership and see if they have those bolts in stock. Defiantly use the correct bolts on hub assembly's

Last edited:
OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well what happen was it was a 1/2 inch socket and i split the socket in to 3 pieces with

just my regular ratchet and my hands i don't know if the tool was just cheapley made

or if i had lil more muscle then i thought but when i broke it i rounded the bolt of

pretty bad so i went and got the gator grip which i broke it to so i went and the

extracter sockets and i can't get a grip with it . . . it just spins off . . . wd40 won't do

nothin cuz it can't pentrate inside it just goes out side . . . and the ez outs i don't have

a drill for them and when i worked in the shop i broke those things left and right

so i don't really wanna buy those and brake them . . . i'v even broke 2 pairs of

visegrips on the dam thing . . . i tryed channel locks but theres a *** right above the

bolt and it just defeats the perpose of those . . . so i have no idea what to do man im

out of money and options . . . i was only gonna take the a arm off so i could take the

whole thing into shop and put a torch on it but i can't even take that off cuz it won't

budge at all

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well what happen was it was a 1/2 inch socket and i split the socket in to 3 pieces with

just my regular ratchet and my hands i don't know if the tool was just cheapley made

or if i had lil more muscle then i thought but when i broke it i rounded the bolt of

pretty bad so i went and got the gator grip which i broke it to so i went and the

extracter sockets and i can't get a grip with it . . . it just spins off . . . wd40 won't do

nothin cuz it can't pentrate inside it just goes out side . . . and the ez outs i don't have

a drill for them and when i worked in the shop i broke those things left and right

so i don't really wanna buy those and brake them . . . i'v even broke 2 pairs of

visegrips on the dam thing . . . i tryed channel locks but theres a *** right above the

bolt and it just defeats the perpose of those . . . so i have no idea what to do man im

out of money and options . . . i was only gonna take the a arm off so i could take the

whole thing into shop and put a torch on it but i can't even take that off cuz it won't

budge at all

Then option two. You could hammer on a socket so that it won't slip off.

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ya i had to hammer the extractor socket on but it still sliped off so i guess i can try a

size smaller like you said but hell thats my only and last option i have

il give it a try in little bit

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Any way you could use a small grinder, or file to put some shape back on the head so that you might be able to get a socket on it? If so, when your done, tap on the head flatways with a hammer. Hopefully this will loosen up any rust/corrosion in the threads, and maybe make it easier to turn.
We would do this when we ran into this problem on industrial machinery, and more often than not it helped.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any way you could use a small grinder, or file to put some shape back on the head so that you might be able to get a socket on it? If so, when your done, tap on the head flatways with a hammer. Hopefully this will loosen up any rust/corrosion in the threads, and maybe make it easier to turn.
We would do this when we ran into this problem on industrial machinery, and more often than not it helped.

Never thought of this idea, but this is a pretty good idea. Seems like it would work if you could get some shape back on the bolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz