NEED HELP!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duncanjoshuas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe LT 2WD with the 5.3L 86,000 miles. Drove the Tahoe from my house to work (45 minute ride) no issues. Drove to lunch. No issues. Walked out to go home for the day and click. No start. Jumped it off and drove home no issues. Alt gauge stayed around 14 the whole way home. Let it sit figured battery was toast as we’ve had unusually cold weather down here on the Gulf Coast lately. Got a new battery today. Installed it closed the hood thinking I was done. Opened the door lights came on…good sign. Put the key in the ignition and click nothing. No dash lights just clicking under the dash. Interior lights come on and keyless entry works. No radio and the passenger headlight isn’t coming on. I checked every single fuse. They’re all good. Can’t find videos that help at all so here I am reaching out on the ol interweb for some help or at least a place to start.

15burban

Reaction score
Do you have a voltmeter to see what the voltage is of the new battery? Just because it's new doesn't mean it wasn't sitting on the shelf for awhile and lost some juice.

OP
OP
D

duncanjoshuas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Battery tests good. I’ve checked the whole fuse block being loose and all of that. When I put the key in the ignition it does nothing but the interior lights light up but no chime no dash lights no radio. Lights will blink in the rear but only one front marker light blinks. Try starting it and the driver headlight will light up but the passenger won’t. I’m so confused.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
D

duncanjoshuas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.
YES!! I am great full for the advance already given. I appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019