Need help drivers window with replaced switch and regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emseedee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All, I'm on my 3rd or 4th drivers side window regulator replacement. This last one, I tried replacing the switch first, no help. Replaced the regulator assembly and nothing. I pulled the new assembly out and tried running with both the old switch and the new switch. The old switch had zero response the new switch had pulsing but no movement. I ohmed out the wires from the plug to the switch and everything looks good. Could I have received a bad replacement part? Any other thoughts? TIA - Mark

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
run a ground and 12 volts to the regulator. touching them to the plug one way is up the other is down, so you need to switch the power and ground wires from the battery or where ever your getting 12 volts from.

OP
OP
E

emseedee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok...regulator works...I used a battery charger on 2 amp setting direct to pins, both directiond. I have ohmed out the wires from the switch to the regulator and theyre fine. I tried running regulator completely out pof the door so its not even trying to push up the glass and it wont go anywhere. So might be wiring from somewhere in teh bundle corroded or bad. Any experience in this realm. best places to start?

OP
OP
E

emseedee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok ...so I'm an idiot...posting followup so noone else does this....when testing window regulator, I didnt plug in all plugs to the armrest unit so the door was not getting all the power to the accessories...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts