Need a new motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this for your DD?
I'm asking because I have been inquiring about a new motor (somewhere down the line) and found a forged 355 for $1500, its a short block which is the only set back. You could freshen up your heads and bolt them on along with your manifold and be ready to go.
I'll have to try to find the link/e-mail, its been a while.
Ever find that link? I'm shopping :fish_h4h:

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have any idea... go to a junkyard. find you a wrecked chevy diesel truck and get the allison and duramax out of it. I've looked into it for my 97 2door yukon. and i could get everything minus the exhaust for like 5000 bucks. just dotn drive the truck anymore. i mean if you have 3 mustangs just drive those till you have enough for what you know will work. I mean i was just messin around with the diesel thing. i dont need a new motor or trans yet. i just 165k on mine and it runs great. Do alot of research and dont impulse buy. dotn just buy the ht383 cuz it has what you want in the power range. maybe you take your 350 out and service it really well and put all new higher end componenets in it. upgrading everything about it. i mean im saying this becuz me and my dad's drag car has a small block 350 in it right now and we have so much torque running through it that we split the block in half at the crank. Do alot of research and you can easily just rebuild your stock motor and make the torque you want. i mean my dad was saying he knows he can get atleast 450ft pounds of torque out of mine by just rebuilding it... talk to motor guys.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You had issues other then "so much torque" if you split it at the crank. You sure you didn't have a Ford 302?? :chicken:

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
computer died...so now I am back. Looking at the SDP 350...so the next questions are...

1) what headers can I use that are drop in replacement for stock that will help improve performance

2) What electric fan can I use that wont die while towing? (realizing I need to upgrade ALT to a 130amp)

Driving the stangs everyday isnt an issue...its I have a my yearly safety and smog inspection due mid February on the Hoe....plus I have an event in April in GA that I need to ttow the trailer to.

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever find that link? I'm shopping :fish_h4h:

I'm sorry, I have been searching far and wide with no luck. They had posted it on racingjunk.com a while ago.

Has anyone thought about an LS swap?

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine ordered and should be here tomorrow or Friday. Headers ordered will be here to tomorrow. Alum Radiator should be here in a couple of days....CAI here next week. New Spider here tomorrow (the upgrade one).

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
Engine ordered and should be here tomorrow or Friday. Headers ordered will be here to tomorrow. Alum Radiator should be here in a couple of days....CAI here next week. New Spider here tomorrow (the upgrade one).

Say werd!

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, worked on her for an hour tonight with a friend that was a certified mech... fan out, air box, out, everything out except the wiring harness and old engine. AC cleared. Tomorrow we start at 8am and it new engine on stand, disconnect wiring harness and exhaust, engine from tranny and out with the old. The CAI arrived today so the only thing I am missing is the new all alum 2 core radiator. I took some picts but the camera is sitting in the Hoe so I will post picts tomorrow evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed