NBS to OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon_Maui

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will NBS trucks ever be considered OBS at some point?
Or is ‘99 the definitive year where everything before is considered OBS and everything after will forever be considered NBS?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will NBS trucks ever be considered OBS at some point?
Or is ‘99 the definitive year where everything before is considered OBS and everything after will forever be considered NBS?
I dunno. I call them by their chassis names, GMT-400, GMT-800, etc. I don't know what the old "square bodies" from '73 to '91 were called by GM.

OP
OP
Yukon_Maui

Yukon_Maui

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah the GMT delineation makes a lot more sense.
The squares are another good question. And at what year did the line down the side start fading off the front of the front quarter panel rather then loop down and turn into the wheel well like the older models?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the GMT delineation makes a lot more sense.
The squares are another good question. And at what year did the line down the side start fading off the front of the front quarter panel rather then loop down and turn into the wheel well like the older models?
What model was that?

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't heard GMs referred to as OBS until recently. I have known the 9th gen f150s to be called OBS for some time because of the Generational overlap in 1997. The f150 went to the Ford Taurus design front end while the f250 and 350 stayed with the generation prior "Aeronose" sheetmetal. So that is how the OBS designation for those trucks came about.
GM did the same thing with the 07 "Classic" Silverado and 07 NNBS body styles.
While i dont remember off the top of my head what the model number gmt-*** i have an 06 tahoe (same front end from 99?-06 round nose) and a cateye Silverado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan