Nav radio upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I made a post about this was looking for a Factor looking radio avoiding eye candy - Aux cord on factory radio is starting to go out.

OP
OP
Luie

Luie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the HD Nav radio is new to me what can I do with or what is the usb drive cable for?

YukonHog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since the HD Nav radio is new to me what can I do with or what is the usb drive cable for?
Luke, what part#(s) is your 2012+ radios? I am looking to upgrade my 2012 SLT Yukon to factory nav. I would go aftermarket, but the Mrs. likes the factory look and thinks it will “work better”.
I would go with aftermarket and show her, but I can’t seem to find an aftermarket that will play DVDs for the RES and XM Radio. Not a fan of having to download and use the app on the android systems…

YukonHog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Luie , what part#(s) is your 2012+ radios? I am looking to upgrade my 2012 SLT Yukon to factory nav. I would go aftermarket, but the Mrs. likes the factory look and thinks it will “work better”.
I would go with aftermarket and show her, but I can’t seem to find an aftermarket that will play DVDs for the RES and XM Radio. Not a fan of having to download and use the app on the android systems…
Also, if I have XM in the Bose factory system I have, do I need another “antenna” for the GPS nav? What else would I need?

ldh87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old but relevant to what I’m trying. I have a 2013 LS Tahoe with the base head unit, I bought an upgraded navigation unit but have discovered it’s not plug and play due to different harnesses. Any ideas how to make this work? IMG_3745.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3744.jpeg
    IMG_3744.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3742.jpeg
    IMG_3742.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 5

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old but relevant to what I’m trying. I have a 2013 LS Tahoe with the base head unit, I bought an upgraded navigation unit but have discovered it’s not plug and play due to different harnesses. Any ideas how to make this work? View attachment 407503
You have to send it to be programmed to you VIN and then buy a harness to adapt to stock wires. I did the same a few years ago on my 2013. I’ll look for the place I sent it to.

To be honest, I wanted stock look but I would go aftermarket if I ever did it again….

Place was called NavRepair.com in florida. But this was a buncha years ago so…..
You need a gps antenna, vss wire and a whole harness and if your truck doesn’t have bose a different amp or something like that.

Last edited:

ldh87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have to send it to be programmed to you VIN and then buy a harness to adapt to stock wires. I did the same a few years ago on my 2013. I’ll look for the place I sent it to.

To be honest, I wanted stock look but I would go aftermarket if I ever did it again….

Place was called NavRepair.com in florida. But this was a buncha years ago so…..
You need a gps antenna, vss wire and a whole harness and if your truck doesn’t have bose a different amp or something like that.
Thanks for the quick reply. I may look into aftermarket also if it turns out to be too expensive / too much of a pain. I also want to incorporate a backup camera I installed (not stock) so not sure if that would even be possible in this unit I bought

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May try a Google search for a shop that could program it for you, I think you could find the other parts possibly on eBay. I think it would look nice Oem. Good luck.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
A BTDiesel Works AutoSync will unlock a factory radio using the steering wheel controls and dash display, unlimited times. If you got an HDD head unit it’ll also allow the side view mirror control to manually turn on the back up camera at any time, in motion.

Along with over a dozen other features like displaying and clearing all DTC codes in the center console and key fob window control and one touch down, it can be xfered to another vehicle. I wish I had know about it when I upgraded from the DVD Navi to the later SD card based Navi in our 09 Esky.

I ended up purchasing three preloved Esky Navi off eBay. The first had a bad harness connector in back. I had to pay to activate it before I found out and later returned it. The 2nd seller abandoned the sale. I finally scored a good unit but had paid the shop almost $2h for shipping and activation of two Navi units. I could have put that $ toward an AutoSync and been ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019