Advent OGM-1 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsciulli19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Evening TYF folks,

I am new here, and am looking to ugrade my factory Bose head unit (non-nav) to a factory nav or factory-looking nav unit, as well as add a backup camera.

I had a gmt900 Sierra for over 10 years and back then the bees' knees head unit was the Advent OGM-1. I never did upgrade my old Sierra, but since I just bought a low mile 2009 Yukon, I'm looking into it again.

I may be able to get my hands on an Advent unit, so I wanted to ask those in the know: is this unit more or less plug and play with my factory wiring? I was watching the install video I found but I'm not sure if I need a specific harness or if the plugs on the back will mate up to the factory plugs.

Second, is there a recommended backup camera for keeping factory look? On the pickup trucks there was an OEM tailgate bezel with the cam built in but I don't know what would be the equivalent for the Yukon.

All help and input is much appreciated
Thanks!

OP
OP
D

dsciulli19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I spoke to Walt at ADC Mobile, who was super helpful, and he was able to confirm that the Advent module will indeed plug and play with my factory harness. He also suggested a backup camera as good or better than the factory units https://www.adcmobile.com/product/zna-2406/.

I received my secondhand Advent OGM-1 yesterday and I'm planning on ordering this backup cam so that I can at least run the wires while I install the head unit. Hopefully all works well, and I'll report back!

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
There's the module you can add from Crutchfield that adds wireless A2DP BT music streaming from your phone to the truck through the factory harness and steering wheel controls. It's fully integrated with the existing BT for phone and Navi. 5 Min install and $69

Reaction score
There's the module you can add from Crutchfield that adds wireless A2DP BT music streaming from your phone to the truck through the factory harness and steering wheel controls. It's fully integrated with the existing BT for phone and Navi. 5 Min install and $69
That doesn't work on some head units.

I bought one a few years ago and it's supposed to plug into the XM radio receiver that is located behind the glove box. I could not find it on my Denali. The XM antenna plugs directly into the back of my radio, and apparently the radio/nav unit I have has the XM receiver built-in.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I spoke to Walt at ADC Mobile, who was super helpful, and he was able to confirm that the Advent module will indeed plug and play with my factory harness. He also suggested a backup camera as good or better than the factory units https://www.adcmobile.com/product/zna-2406/.
Little bit OFF topic, but regarding backup cameras.. I have been looking into a wide angle backup camera, this company seems to make some camera/mirror/lcd products..

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Crutchfield may not have updated their site on compatibility for that A2DP BT unit yet. All 07-14 Esky have external XM receivers but only the 12-14 Tahoe, Yuke & Burb with OEM (HDD) Navi have the external XM receiver for compatibility of that particular A2DP music streaming module.

edit … some 12-14 Tahoe, Yuke & Burb have external XM tuners with Non Navi Radio. Apparently if you’re 12-14 had Bose or the little Bose speakers on your windshield pillars, you’ll have an external XM tuner to run the aftermarket A2DP Music BT off of.

Here’s a stand alone XM tuner tucked behind the glove box door of a 13 Yukon SLT with Bose and NOT equipped with Navi.

34D26B19-7546-4F27-8304-177BA0BD841A.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts