factory Looking radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2013 Tahoe SSV was looking for a factory looking radio. Due to the area where I live and drive to break in are commonish and don't want a flashy radio that says steal me.
all the subs and amp I bought will be hidden for this reason. Looking for Bluetooth, Cd player, Aux, Sub-woofer left and right. Bonus Nav, android auto. If anyone know a shop or a brand let me know. Current radio is the Tahoe is base one with no XM.

Link I found close to what I am looking for -

Attachments

• s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My SSV was like yours-stripped with nothing special. I ended up with a JVC with BT, Apple CarPlay, F/R cam inputs, hands free, XM ready. Looks fairly stock however there are no knobs at all-just a touch screen that lives in the factory location. I would say it is not flashy but the first pic you posted REALLY looked stock and the price was similar to the unit I have. I added a rear cam and sat tuner (hidden in dash) to my rig. My sub, however is not remotely hidden and sitting in the rear cargo area. With time and money, I guess I could have done a box in the left body trim panel but it was more work than I was willing to do at the time and I am TOO cheap to pay someone. Crime is not an issue where I live (read-outside of the city)

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you buy something, pull your current radio out and look at the wiring harness. In my 2013 PPV the harness was super basic and did not match up to ANYTHING that claimed to be "plug and play". I really wanted that OttoNavi unit in your first link but it was not compatible with the radio in my Tahoe.

I eventually gave up looking for something that I didn't have to pay to have installed and do a bunch of work to make it work. I used an Amazon Dot connected to a hot spot into the aux in on the stock radio and used Amazon Prime Music and Pandora for all my music. Houston radio sucks. My phone handled navigation so I didn't need that in the head unit either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019